FS/FT: Defiance, Ohio collection

imaminorthreat

I've been meaning to do this for a while now. Basically, I'm completely disgusted and fed up with defiance, ohio these days. My collection is just kind of sitting and collecting dust, rather than being enjoyed and appreciated by a better owner. So, I figure I'd at least throw it out there that I'd be willing to part with my defiance, ohio records. Take a look... It's nowhere near complete, but there are definitely some gems. The stars of the collection are the 2 friends and relatives presses of share watcha got and the clear version of the split with one reason (first press).

here's a link to my spreadsheet:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApTylaBWkqGudE5EajRvU2VnSjJibXlLWlVfSkVsQXc&hl=en#gid=0

It's got everything listed and of course I'd be happy to take some pictures upon request.

Here's what I'd be interested in:

-A good cash offer

-lucero records

-murder by death - like the exorcist on red

-william elliott whitmore rarities

-fucked up rarities (scope the list... it's pretty obvious what I need)

-anything to do with ben cook... i.e. marvelous darlings and young governor test presses, etc...

-?

I dunno, shoot me a message if you're at all interested and we can figure somethin out.

$10ppd??? NO!

why are you 'fed up' with d, oh these days

Have you seen em lately? They lost alot of members, quit playing with the upright bass, stopped playing acoustic guitars, etc... It seems like they are a completely different band.

Also, they only play these bullshitty squat-like venue with TERRIBLE sound. In particular, they played this one show about a year ago with this bike is a pipe bomb and the place tiny, tiny, tiny. Both those bands have a big draw in Chicago and they know it. Long story short, a ton of people got turned away... myself included.

Maybe I'm just being bitchy... but whatever. Also... did you listen to the fear? awful. how about midwestern minutes? booooooorrrrriiiiinnngggg. I think they fell off... just my opinion though.

the last 2 albums have been really, REALLY boring. they work hard... but for what? to play house shows? I'm not saying that they should be playing venues with 2,000 person capacity... but I mean.... I dunno, play some place with a properly working pa and a sound guy? is that really that much to ask?

i agree, their fans would bitch to high hell if they starting playing "real venues".... but then again, andrew jackson jihad had the exact same predicament and they seem to be much better off. that's just my opinion though. basically i just think it's ridiculous being concerned about what some 13 year old squat kids at an all ages show (with dreadlocks! fucking dreadlocks!) say about you selling out, etc...

yeah, yeah... they're nice guys and respectful and care about their fans and blah blah blah.... call me crazy, but I'd rather have blag dahlia and the boys shredding brutal rock n roll while throwing piss, blood, cum, fire, and mayhem on the audience than a defiance ohio hippy love fest that's safe and tame and respectful.

look at me... all jaded and shit. gah...

someone hit me up, i'd gladly trade all my defiance ohio records for a copy of murder by death - like the exorcist on red!

how about a copy of fucked up - humos peligros? maybe fucked up - let likes be cured by likes on clear?

I saw Defiance, Ohio last summer and it was possibly the best show of the year for me. It was at a coffee shop and was packed, but it was a fantastic time. It think everyone there thought so too. I've loved them for about 4 years, and I absolutely love every album. That includes midwestern minutes and the fear. I don't think they've fallen off at all.

• 3 weeks later...