2nd phone question (sorry)

i have the incredible and love it. i wouldn't say the x is 'much more superior'. the benchmark on my phone is around the same as the x and all the specs are very similar.

i think it comes down to which UI you like (motorola's vs. htc sense, which i love), and whether you want a monster phone worthy of watching movies, or one that fits easier in your pocket. personal preference.

edit: and i just looked at the cnet review, and it says the x has mobile hotspot capabilities and 720p recording, which the incredible now has after the last OTA update

I work at verizon and deal with these phones on a daily basis. Droid x has 2x the better reception signal than the incredible. Droid X has gorilla glass which keeps the screen from cracking. The htc rep said that the incredible had gorilla glass, but it doesn't. Also within the last 2 weeks a lot of incredibles have been coming in DOA with non responsive touch screens.

I do like the incredibles design and its camera is better than the droid x.

Like I said I prefer the samsung fascinate over either the droid x or incredible, but if I had to pick one I would get the droid x.

I work at verizon and deal with these phones on a daily basis. Droid x has 2x the better reception signal than the incredible. Droid X has gorilla glass which keeps the screen from cracking. The htc rep said that the incredible had gorilla glass, but it doesn't. Also within the last 2 weeks a lot of incredibles have been coming in DOA with non responsive touch screens.

Like I said I prefer the samsung fascinate over either the droid x or incredible, but if I had to pick one I would get the droid x.

which is what I did. I like htc Sense more than motorola's but the better calling and bigger screen won me over. Can't wait to get it in the mail. The incredible did look like a great phone though.

welp, like i said, personal preference! but on paper, the x isn't head and shoulders above the incredible. yeah, it has some better attributes, like screen size and construction quality, but personally it's way too big for me and i can't see myself ever owning one. it's almost awkward for me to comfortably get my hand the whole way around it.

i have never had reception problems with my inc thus far (cross my fingers!). the only complaint that i have is the battery life, but that's not a huge problem.

also, the inc has been out far longer than the x (4 months vs 4 weeks-ish), so i don't think it's really that fair to judge it based on problems that are occuring after people have owned them for 4 months.

which is what I did. I like htc Sense more than motorola's but the better calling and bigger screen won me over. Can't wait to get it in the mail. The incredible did look like a great phone though.

my brother in law just got an x and loves it. he works in the tech field and was all about the giant screen, etc. i feel like the x is definitely catering towards guys instead of girls, haha.

android is great, though. if you haven't had an android phone already, you'll love it!

HTC screwed up in the production of the phones. My store got 40 phones to sell on launch day. We sold out in 2 days and the phone was on back order for 30 days. Then the Droid X launched and a ton of people canceled their incredible pre order and switched to the droid X. Anyways HTC is coming out with the incredible's replacement with is going to be a 4.3 inch EVO ish phone before the end of the year.

i have never had reception problems with my inc thus far (cross my fingers!). the only complaint that i have is the battery life, but that's not a huge problem.

if you are having battery problems I recommend downloading advanced task killer to shut off apps you're not using, and to turn off the live wallpaper if you're using it. Also turn off bluetooth, wifi, and gps.

HTC screwed up in the production of the phones. My store got 40 phones to sell on launch day. We sold out in 2 days and the phone was on back order for 30 days. Then the Droid X launched and a ton of people canceled their incredible pre order and switched to the droid X. Anyways HTC is coming out with the incredible's replacement with is going to be a 4.3 inch EVO ish phone before the end of the year.

i hate the world of phones :[

also, after the 2.2 froyo update my phone is lagggggggging and force closing apps a lot. so that's mildly upsetting, because it ran perfectly before.

i hate the world of phones :[

also, after the 2.2 froyo update my phone is lagggggggging and force closing apps a lot. so that's mildly upsetting, because it ran perfectly before.

if your apps are force closing after 2.2 update, you need to delete and reinstall the apps, and make sure they are froyo compatible.

if you are having battery problems I recommend downloading advanced task killer to shut off apps you're not using, and to turn off the live wallpaper if you're using it.

i don't use live wallpapers, and everything i've read from people familiar with the android OS say that you don't need ATK because of the way the linux system is designed and it actually hinders your phones performance.

i mean, my battery life isn't HORRIBLE, but most days after moderate use (maybe 50-60 texts, checking twitter and playing games for 30 minutes total) i need to charge it when i get home from work. (i don't have any widgets running, wifi, gps & bluetooth are off, and twitter is set to 30 minute refresh)

if you are having battery problems I recommend downloading advanced task killer to shut off apps you're not using, and to turn off the live wallpaper if you're using it.

i don't use live wallpapers, and everything i've read from people familiar with the android OS say that you don't need ATK because of the way the linux system is designed and it actually hinders your phones performance.

i mean, my battery life isn't HORRIBLE, but most days after moderate use (maybe 50-60 texts, checking twitter and playing games for 30 minutes total) i need to charge it when i get home from work. (i don't have any widgets running, wifi, gps & bluetooth are off, and twitter is set to 30 minute refresh)

you may just have a bad battery, you do have a 1 year warranty on it so you can replace it at any time.

you may just have a bad battery, you do have a 1 year warranty on it so you can replace it at any time.

i got an OEM htc 1500mah battery after about 3 weeks of using it with the stock 1300mah battery to see if there was any improvement and it was minimal at best. i wish the 2150 extended battery verizon offers didn't make the phone so bulky (and hard to find a case for) or i'd just bite the bullet and buy one of those.

That was the other thing I was surprised about. Why is the incredible battery life so much worse than the x? I thought it would be better...

no clue. it is the only thing that isn't incredible about my phone :[

apparently people have rooted their phone and the battery life is a lot better, but no way am i voiding my warranty.