The Gamits 'Antidote' CD Pressing Info

thespungo

This is a very nerdy question, I know, but where else in the world am I going to go for an extremely specific Gamits pressing question --

Remember when we get the very first pressing of Antidote and then heard back from Virgil however many weeks after that there was an error in the pressing that Chris didn't like the sound of, or something like that? So they then issued a second pressing that supposedly fixed the error and sent it out through the mail, or something?

Obviously I don't remember the details of this very well, thus my questions to all of you:

- Which is the original copy and which is the "fixed" copy; the white or silver cd?

- What was the original error and how was it fixed?

White is the original pressing, silver is the correct pressing.

I had forgotten about checking the Golden Sometimes liner notes, and sure enough it says the first mix the vocals were too soft.

But after intensely comparing several tracks from each pressing, I think I prefer the white album, which is the supposed "reject". The only difference I can really spot is the silver pressing has much louder guitars, like it's been turned up for radio, while the white pressing has vocals that stand out a bit more.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?