"We're The Weakerthans, We're From Winnipeg"

patron

We’re the Weakerthans follows one of Canada’s best and beloved rock bands on an epic cross country tour from St. John’s, Newfoundland all the way up to Whitehorse, Yukon, rocking and rolling into the hearts of thousands along the way.

From vast big-city venues to tiny small-town taverns, the band weaves its special blend of lyrical majesty, unforgettable characters and blistering instrumentation; and between shows they reflect thoughtfully on the mysteries of rock and road food, or else go nuts with the kind of crazy shenanigans only a touring band would dare.

Travel across the country with your new favourite band as they embark on their most ambitious undertaking ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B7D_KitMEY&hl=en&fs=1

I just got tickets to a screening of this/a John K. Samson solo set in Toronto.

Me too, it should be great. I saw him open for the Constantines in Hamilton last year.

The Weakerthans are also backing Jim Bryson October 19th at the Horseshoe Tavern for new music night (therefore for free)

http://www.imagesfestival.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=89 23 tickets left

Guest errolwest

I'm sorry to hear that. I remember one show where a bunch of winnipeg cats came down for a show, and brought chains into the pit. Wtf?! Also, when we toured through there, we met a lot of racists.

That being said, there's some rad as shit record shops.