The Gamits #7 on Favorite Punknews Records of Octo

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

The Favorite Records List of October was just posted on Punknews and The Gamits "Parts" received the #7 record of October. That's pretty incredible as the album was just one shy of NOFX and one above of Weezer. Not bad company if you ask me. Bad Religion's new album received the top spot. you can see the full lis here http://www.punknews.org/article/40482 . I was hoping Two Cow Garage "Sweet Saint Me" might make the list, but I am wondering it it might show up on the November list since it came out in late October.

The Gamits' "Parts" was also recently reviewed on Punknews and received 4 out of 5 stars. With the exception of a "really articulate" punknews account member, most of the feedback has been really great. The reviewer ratings are also 4 out of 5 stars. The review compares "Parts" to the Gamits' earlier album, "Antidote" and calls it darker, faster, and louder. The reviewer also highlights my favorite song on the record, "Delusional" and suggests that the album feels like a concept album, something Chris Fogal has denied. All in all, it is a really great review. You can find it here http://www.punknews.org/review/9717

All this talk of "Parts" begs the question, "Where the Fuck is the Vinyl?" It's a very good question in deed. Vinnie from Paper and Plastick is in Europe on tour with Less Than Jake, but he did get back to us saying that the records have shipped from the plant. We are uncertain though if the records shipped directly to us in Colorado or to Florida and then will ship here. Either way, we hope to have them as early as this next week, as late as 2 weeks from now. Sorry for the delay, but it will be worth the wait. I've been listening to the test pressings and the record sounds incredible.

If you haven't listened to the album, you can stream the record on Punknews, The Gamits bandcamp page, and on Amp Magazine. What do you think of the album?