PO: Arrows - Modern Art & Politics 2xLP

Over two years since its CD debut (since sold out, pictured right) to glowing international reviews, Arrows first album Modern Art & Politics will finally be available as a glorious deluxe vinyl package. A beautiful almost hour long running 2xLP in luxurious matte-finish gatefold packaging, full colour labels and MP3 download code included. But what makes these magnificent pieces even more special is due to the astronomical production cost, the first pressing will be limited to just 100 odd copies, each individually hand-numbered. Only sold online direct from Hobbledehoy, there are no foreseeable plans for a repress.

Expecting to arrive end of December 2010 at our new Adelaide HQ, we will be shipping these stunning pieces out from / around January 4th 2011 when we open for the New Year. We haven’t been doing pre-orders for a while now, but after talking with the band we decided we should make an exception. With the time of year, online only sales and given price tag, a pre-order would be best for everyone.

Full disclosure: The production cost on these handsome packages is almost that of the customer cost price, the woes of small quantity vinyl imported to Australia. Your support would mean the world.

[image]

- PREORDER: Arrows – Modern Art & Politics – deluxe 2xLP / MP3

- LISTEN: Stream the complete album

This album, as well their new album Try And Stay Upright, are amazing releases. Please buy this and support both the band and this label, it's hard to maintain a label that deals with vinyl in Australia

yeah it's tough i know. i was saying on another forum:

shipping aust to north american (or anywhere) is insane at these weights. tiny population with a big land mass heading to other side of the world. and i just found out supposedly the reason for it is that australian postal workers get paid much greater then US / UK counterparts. unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done about that sorry bud. if you order together with a friend that should dramatically reduce the cost per unit, especially 3+.

as for the price, vinyl is a completely different game down here. no one buys it, so low quantities are necessary. having it shipped down to australia then add custom taxes makes it very unrealistic. even manufacturing at an australian plant (we only have 2) would make it even higher than this. the production cost is almost that of the customer cost, it sucks i know. but this is why just for this particular release i have to keep in a webstore only product.

but i always add extra goodies if there is any leftover weight for mail orders :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...