Converting movies to MP4 for iPod Touch???

kouka

I am getting my daughter a touch for xmas and have no idea how to transfer a DVD to an mp4. The ole google machine came up with some programs, so I was hoping ya'll could point me in the right (free) direction for programs.

or if there's a place to dl movies. I am entirely clueless, so all info would be good info. thanks!

most movies you'd download aren't in mp4. you can use handbrake to convert dvd right to mp4, but, for me, it's a little complicated to use. there's a program called "rip it" which is not free, but cheap, and very easy to use.

so does Rip It transfer a DVD right into mp4? if it's a few bucks, and EASY, then that's worth it.

most movies you'd download aren't in mp4. you can use handbrake to convert dvd right to mp4, but, for me, it's a little complicated to use. there's a program called "rip it" which is not free, but cheap, and very easy to use.

so does Rip It transfer a DVD right into mp4? if it's a few bucks, and EASY, then that's worth it.

Let us know if you use it and how it comes out. I'd be interested in this too...looks like this is just for Mac. I could do that, but would prefer Windows.