New Stylus/Cartridge for My Numark TT1600 MKII

As the title says, I need to replace the needle on my record player but I was thinking that maybe changing out the cartridge might improve the overall quality of my record player. After about 3 years of use the needle busted. I've been googling info/and youtubing videos and I'm getting the grasp of each component and what I need to do. The model turntable is a Numark TT1600 MKII turntable and along with that there is a HS-1 headshell and a GT cartridge. Would I benefit from getting a better cartridge/stylus or should I just simply buy the cheap Groovetool stylus replacements? Also, how often do you guys change your cartridges?

This is my first post so sorry if this is extremely noobish!

You'd definitely benefit from a whole new cartridge, most of the ones included on Numarks and Ions are sorta like hybrid DJ/Hi-FI carts that use excessive tracking force so ya would benefit from a strictly hi-fi cart.

I upgrade once the sound start to degrade, which for me is anywhere from 12-18 months. Yea I play records all the time. :D Most stylus's last 1-2k hours of play time while cartridges can last years upon years which is why I always opt for cartridges that the stylus's can be replaced instead of the whole unit.

From what I've experienced Needledoctor has the best selection, but not the best prices. I've found better prices and excellent service from lpgear.com and http://www.garage-a-records.com

That TT uses the standard 1/2 inch mount cartridges so you have thousands of options. :D