Jacksonville FL

I can help you out.

there is a new music store at the beach that has vinyl. never been there but they seem to have a growing selection. its down in Atlantic beach

young loud and,snotty - http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/young-loud-andsnotty/127067850666066

Bold city brewer is a cool spot in riverside (artsy area) - they have a little bar with games and shit. laid back cool little joint with good beers.

http://www.boldcitybrewery.com/index.php

Pizza joint - Moon River pizza near riverside

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/44/481200/restaurant/Westside/Moon-River-Pizza-Westside-Jacksonville

I love this restaurant called CHEW in downtown jax. i used to rock lunches there all the time when i worked around the corner. kinda a trendy but really dope ass food that is pretty affordable... some of their dinner items can get pricey

http://www.chewrestaurant.com/

Another brewery is this place... kinda new but heard it was pretty cool. i think they have a bar/tap room but dont know to much about it.

Intuition Ale Works

720 King Street

Jacksonville, FL 32204

www.intuitionale.com

Wed-Fri 3pm-11pm

Sat 12pm-11pm

Brewery tours on Saturday at 1pm or by appointment.

There is no other music stores in town, but Riverside and San marco has some cool stuff. both have cool oldschool movie theaters that play some good movies. they usually have midnight horror movies, or other indie type movies.

http://www.sanmarcotheatre.com/index.html

http://www.5pointstheatre.com/

No great art museums in town. The cummer museum has some decent stuff every once in a while but its hit or miss. Mostly history related exhibits - this is in riverside too

www.cummer.org/

if you wanna get tattooed hit up inksmith and rodgers on beach blvd and get tattooed by my boy kenny ford. dude is good plus he was my old roommate.

http://www.inksmithtattoo.com/locations

St. Augustine is just like 30 mins south and has some touristy type stuff to do with the Fort, fountain of youth, beaches, and little shopping areas.

Show venues:

www.freebirdlive.com - at the beach

www.jackrabbitsonline.com - in san marco near downtown

This shit hole has been getting more and more shows since the other venues have been closing

Brewster's Pub

14003 Beach Boulevard

Jacksonville, FL 32250-1541

(904) 223-9850

I have been gone from jax for 7 months so i am alittle out of touch, but i doubt anything has changed.

Ill try to think up some other things to do around town

There actually is a brand new record store downtown called Budget Records. I haven't been there yet, but one of the guys that runs it has run a few stores down here before. I'm not sure what he's got, but he usually has some decent stuff for a fair price.

Budget Records

228 East Forsyth St

Jacksonville, FL 32202

There actually is a brand new record store downtown called Budget Records. I haven't been there yet, but one of the guys that runs it has run a few stores down here before. I'm not sure what he's got, but he usually has some decent stuff for a fair price.

Budget Records

228 East Forsyth St

Jacksonville, FL 32202

Is it the same guy who had the shop near San Marco?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just for future reference let me post here.

I'm Jonathan and I help run Budget Records in Downtown Jacksonville. We open not too long ago and the store was originally opened by my friend Ron Johnston and his former business Steve Parker (He was the owner of Weird Wax and Vinyl Frontier here in Jax and currently running a record store in St Augustine).

The Dtown Jax store and the St Aug stores were once both related (Steve ran the St Aug store while Ron ran the Dtown Jax store, both under the Budget Records name). Because of personal business issues and many disagreements between the two owners, Steve and Ron split. Steve is renaming his St Aug store while the Dtown Jax store (where I help run) is still called Budget Records.

Steve will not be coming back to Jax, he's saying in the St. Aug area.

Now if you want to buy vinyl/CDs/tapes there's only two stores to visit in Jax:

Budget Records

228 East Forsyth St

Jacksonville, FL 32202

Open Tues-Sun, closed Mon

Hours are usually Tues-Sat 11-7 while Sun is 12-5.

and

Yesterday and Todays

11041 Beach Boulevard

Jacksonville, FL 32246

In the Beach Flea Market on Row A.

Only open Fridays at 12-3 and Saturday/Sunday from 10-5.

Now if you want to buy cheap vinyl visit Budget Records. If you want to pay money for pricer vinyl go to Yesterday and Todays.

The store that I help run, Budget Records, we have tons of $1 boxes and many LPs for less than $5. Of course we have a little rarer LPs that cost a little higher than $5 but they are all reasonably price. Really pricer stuff will be in the $15-$20 range. Selection is all over the place so for those who want to look for treasures we are the store for you.

Yesterday and Todays is run by my friend William. He is a good friend of mine but he runs his store his own way. He doesn't do no $1 boxes and all records are $5 and up. All common stuff that you normally find in the $1 bins are priced $5 and up to $8 if it is mint. He can have records that cost up to $100 in the store (British Press Electrical Ladyland is one example and I believe he wants $90 for it with the Jem import sticker on it). He does get really good stuff in the store but prepare to pay up for it. If you don't want to pay too much for records I don't believe this store is for you.

Of course your mileage may vary and I would encourage you to visit both stores and make up your mind. Of course competition is best for both stores.

Jonathan

• 2 weeks later...

what else is in jax besides Young Loud and Snotty and the new budget records?

everything worth while closed down (cd exchange at the beach, the 2x stores that went out of business many years ago on the riverside strip, Inertia *both locations*, vinyl frontier, and even all the shitty used cd stores went under)

I know there was a soul record store in arlington years ago but never checked it out.

Curse, are you one of the dudes from Young, loud, and snotty?

just curious.

Also, from what i have heard there is a record show at Lomax this saturday afternoon incase anyone is interested.