I need some bike advice

mrc

im probably sounding more and more like an asshole in here.. but now i find myself browsing beach cruisers. are they good for anything more than a casual bike ride?

Just think of all the vinyl you can tote in your Chrome bag. Chix will be like "ZOMGAWD DAT GUY IZ SOOOOO HAWT."

Shooting for some hate (-1) now. Personally I have a fixie because my car is far too expensive in leave in a campus parking lot weeks on end.

On a serious note, Beach Cruisers are not good for anything other than casual strolls......unless you plan on being a Milk/Paper Boy from the Post-Depression era.

I'd like to point out that my skate shop, System Skateboarding, is the only Chrome dealer between Boulder and Denver. We carry their bags and five varieties of Chrome shoes (which are awesome shoes btw).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So i finally got around to picking up a bike. this morning I grabbed a 2002 Giant Sedona on the cheap off craigslist. I figured that would be a good starting point.

And to make it a little more interesting, i picked it up from one of the dudes in the New Bruises. Guess they are leaving for tour and needed some extra cash.

Small world.

thanks for the tips, and hopefully i can start putting away some cash to upgrade down the line.