When is it no longer considered flipping?

Lots of posts today from people who are pissed about stuff being bought up at RSD and immediately flipped on eBay. Fair enough. I find that pretty sleezy as well.

However, if you go to the sale/trade/want page here, there is lots of OOP stuff selling for more than what it initially sold for.

So when does it stop being a flip by a creep and start being a collector selling a rare item?

No, I’m not looking to flip some stuff on eBay. Just wondering what people think about this.

i would say people only consider it flipping when its turned for profit. the case in most of these threads is people saying they bought x, hoping to trade it for someone elses y.

It's considered flipping when someone buys a record for the sole purpose of reselling it.

this....

and this is what saddens me about RSD:

http://music.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=R.....c0.m2 70.l1313

2519 results for RSD under the category of records... this is absurd.

How is this benefiting Record Stores and/or collectors?

It's considered flipping when someone buys a record for the sole purpose of reselling it.

Pretty much. I intend to go back to the record store I went to today and try to get the last remaining colors of the BTBAM album (yellow and clear). If I get blue and green again I'll simply charge the same price I bought them for and sell them, maybe on here so I can avoid all the eBay shit.

I think the difference lies in whether you've bought it for the sole purpose of turning a quick profit or if you bought it for yourself, enjoyed it, then at some point you decide to part with it. The reason may be that it became worth money, but that wasn't your original intention.

Or maybe I'm just trying to justify it, but that's how I feel about it.

this....

and this is what saddens me about RSD:

http://music.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=R.....c0.m2 70.l1313

2519 results for RSD under the category of records... this is absurd.

How is this benefiting Record Stores and/or collectors?

Well it has benefitted stores as those are already sold. Fans of the music are the ones who get screwed.