NIAGARA FALLS (CANADA) RECORD STORES

Hits and Misses, Rotate This and Frantic City are all beside each other (Frantic is upstairs), Kops is right by Much Music (if you're site seeing), and Criminal is about half way between them. All of which are on Queen West, about a 20 minute walk from store to store.

There's also Sonic Boom which is on Bloor/Bathurst. They have a lot of CDs and rare DVDs, but their vinyl selection is usually more expensive than other stores.

I live in Niagara (St. Catharines) and I can assure you that you will be wasting your time searching for records here. There is Atomix Records and Niagara Records both on St. Paul St in St. Catharines, both are nothing special. Aside from that, there is a Sunrise Records in the mall but anything they carry you can find at any half decent record store anywhere. It is certainly worth your while to drive to Toronto as they have some amazing record stores.

Did hits and misses move? I thought they were on Bloor.

Yeah man! Rotate moved from Queen/Bathurst to 699(?) Queen West, and Hits and Misses moved from Bloor/Ossignton to 697 Queen West. They share a wall now.

wow, I had no idea this happened. It's been too long since I have been up there.

I wonder how that works out for them.

Yeah man! Rotate moved from Queen/Bathurst to 699(?) Queen West, and Hits and Misses moved from Bloor/Ossignton to 697 Queen West. They share a wall now.

wow, I had no idea this happened. It's been too long since I have been up there.

I wonder how that works out for them.

I did an interview with Pete from Hits and Misses when the move first happened in the fall and he said it's great. They feed off each other, and don't really overlap in stock that much. Brian from Rotate is actually the one who told Pete about the vacancy.

• 3 months later...
Do tell more as i cant find any store info on the interweb.

Sorry the address is 4654 1/2 Queen St. (Beside Ragged Glory)

If you go to Queen St, there is a brew pub which I also highly recommend called Taps. When you leave Taps you make a right on Queen st, head down on the same side of the road and its maybe a 20 second walk.

The store is quite cool! It is a converted alleyway.

Sonic Boom just opened a smaller vinyl only shop in Kensington Market. Apparantley they were saving lots of great used vinyl over the past year for this new store and when I stopped in last week they had some great stuff for decent prices. I picked up some old used lps by Flaming Lips, Portishead, Daft Punk and others you rarely see used in shops. Not sure how long their great selection will last but definitely worth a visit if you are in TO.

• 6 months later...