Large Picture Hanging Suggestions

Ok, so we just moved into the new place. Before we moved in, my girlfriend and I framed a Bannon print with all intent of hanging it as soon as we got in. When we got in, we found out the walls are plaster ::). We're reluctant to drill / nail into the wall, since it's wildly difficult to find a stud through plaster, and if the plaster cracks or chips, we might be up shit's creek with our security deposit. So I ask:

How can I hang my 26lb Bannon print on a plaster wall?!

I have considered the following: Getting 10-or-so picture hanging command strips, and hoping for the best.

Ideas / creativity / innovation encouraged!

I live in a house with plaster walls, actually horsehair plaster. really old. the only thing I use to hand things, anything, are these metal wall anchors. they are by a company called zip-it (I think). They have them at home depot. they look like this:

[image]

make sure you get the metal ones, not the plastic ones. and if your frame doesn't already have a wire, add one, then just put one of these in the wall, and you're all set.

I live in a house with plaster walls, actually horsehair plaster. really old. the only thing I use to hand things, anything, are these metal wall anchors. they are by a company called zip-it (I think). They have them at home depot. they look like this:

[image]

make sure you get the metal ones, not the plastic ones. and if your frame doesn't already have a wire, add one, then just put one of these in the wall, and you're all set.

does this need to be driven into a stud, or will the plaster support 26lbs on the one screw?

Use two of the anchors pictured above. They need to be even/level and spaced about a third of the way inside from the edge of your frame (assuming you're using a wire hanger....if you have d-rings attached to the back of your frame line up the anchors with the d-rings). One person gets the frame/print up on the wall where it looks about where you want it, second person marks where the screw-eyes or d-rings are touching the wall with an erasable pencil. Now you have guides, use a level to ensure this print doesn't hang crooked for the rest of it's life or a measuring tape will work. Using two anchors is going to allow for adjustment of your print and put less stress on the hanging wire.

I've grown up in a framing shop my entire life. Spot on with the anchors by the way