Forge Again Records NEW RELEASES OUT NOW!

Same thing I just sent out via email:

It feels like it has taken forever, but things are finally moving in 2011! There are two new releases available NOW. No pre-order bullshit! The Physical. The Digital. Both Milwaukee ragers.

[image]

FAR-033 Hero of a Hundred Fights - The Remote, The Cold LP

First, the physical. A vinyl release of the classic EP from Milwaukee's defunct Hero of a Hundred Fights (whose members were previously in Managra and Tintoretto and went on to play in Call Me Lightning, Temper Temper, and Murder in the Red Barn). HERO OF A HUNDRED FIGHTS "The Remote, The Cold" was the band's final release, on Divot Records, just before they broke up in 2001. Recorded with Steve Albini at Electrical Audio, this is easily one of the best releases to come out of Milwaukee in the 21st century. The EP features 4 songs on one side and a silk-screened B-side and comes on clear vinyl in a picture disc sleeve with full color labels. This has long been one of my favorite records and I'm very happy to finally get it out on vinyl. I had been talking to Shane (drums in Hero100, currently in Call Me Lightning) about eventually doing this record for probably about 5 years now. Took long enough, but as I type this the records are being silk-screened and will ship out next week. The record is limited to just 125 copies and in all likelihood, will not be repressed. As an added bonus, if you buy the Hero100 LP, you can pick up any other LP for just $5 or 7" for just $2 (includes DISTRO stuff too!). You can order this bad boy for just $14 ppd. in the USA (plus a small paypal fee) at http://www.forgeagainrecords.com/hero100.php If you want to do traditional mailorder (money order and cash only), shoot me an email first so I put a copy aside for you. You can also download and stream the entire EP for FREE at http://forgeagainrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-remote-the-cold Get in on those LPs while you can!

[image]

FAR-032 Father Phoenix - Finds A Planet New to Man

Second, the digital. A brand new full length from Milwaukee's Father Phoenix. FATHER PHOENIX "Finds a Planet New To Man" is available exclusively as a digital release for the time being. Recorded by Shane Hochstetler and mastered by Carl Saff, it features ten brand new tracks that definitely have a classic rock vibe with plenty of riffage. As of right now, it is exclusively available through Bandcamp with a minimum suggested price of just $5. It'll be up on iTunes and Amazon and the like in a couple of weeks, but you can grab it right now for much cheaper at http://forgeagainrecords.bandcamp.com/album/finds-a-planet-new-to-man If you want to check it out first, you can download two of the tracks "Tonight" and "Don't Ever Let 'Em Get You Down" for free. In fact, you can also stream the entire album completely free! As an added bonus, we're keeping track and anybody who buys the digital version will get credit towards the physical release if it comes to fruition.

Finally, a side note. We have launched a brand new page on BANDCAMP that features the above releases and a bunch more recent Forge Again jams streaming for free and MOST are available as free high quality FLAC or 320kbps DL for free as well(though we don't object to your donations). Over the summer, we'll get the rest of the catalog up there too. Visit the brand new page here to get your listen on:

http://forgeagainrecords.bandcamp.com