dead kennedys : repress on 180 gram vinyl

give me convenience or give me death

http://revhq.com/store.revhq?Page=search&Id=MF914

mutiny on the bay

http://revhq.com/store.revhq?Page=search&Id=MF905

repressed/ released by manifesto records and i don't know why can't find vinyl format on the label website. only find on revhq and it's 15.95 usd per each....

:)

i hates these manifesto reissues!

i have the one they did for plastic surgery disasters and instead of an insert they threw in the CD booklet with the "+ in god we trust" on the cover.

PSD had an awesome collage insert that i was really looking forward to getting when i bought this.

also, i'm pretty sure the audio on the record sounds exactly like the cd.

my other DK records (on alternative tentacles) sound great in comparison to their cd counterparts.

i hates these manifesto reissues!

i have the one they did for plastic surgery disasters and instead of an insert they threw in the CD booklet with the "+ in god we trust" on the cover.

PSD had an awesome collage insert that i was really looking forward to getting when i bought this.

also, i'm pretty sure the audio on the record sounds exactly like the cd.

my other DK records (on alternative tentacles) sound great in comparison to their cd counterparts.

They put the CD booklet as an insert? Damn that is lame. One of my favorite things is the ability to enjoy larger sized artwork! When I got the Creepshow - Sell Your Soul LP in I was blown away with how awesome it looks compared to the CD. The CD booklet did it absolutely NO justice. I should open one of these up and check it out.

Someone told me who works at a plant recently that even though they advise NOT to do this, many labels don't remaster for vinyl. Or even send masters! Just a copy of the CD. Doesn't seem sensible to me. Given you have the masters of course.

[image]

came with everything you see here and nothing more.

the cd book is such a lazy effort, especially with the +in god we trust cover, considering they didn't cram that ep into this pressing. how hard is it to reproduce a black and white foldout. really?

but it is what it is, and it's still worth it's price for moon over marin alone. i'd say the same about give me convenience and pull my strings, but they probably pressed that from a CD too.

i can only assume manifesto licensed these abums to be pressed, but did not buy the masters/parts.

[image]

came with everything you see here and nothing more.

the cd book is such a lazy effort, especially with the +in god we trust cover, considering they didn't cram that ep into this pressing. how hard is it to reproduce a black and white foldout. really?

but it is what it is, and it's still worth it's price for moon over marin alone. i'd say the same about give me convenience and pull my strings, but they probably pressed that from a CD too.

i can only assume manifesto licensed these abums to be pressed, but did not buy the masters/parts.

Considering the plates, etc belonged to Alternative Tentacles it is more accurate that the label wasn't willing to give that stuff up considering it wasn't their choice to lose the rights to press those records. Of course had they not done what they did (cheat on the royalty rate) then they'd never have lost the rights in the first place.

It sucks they skimped on the packaging for the Manifesto releases but original DK's records are not at all rare. They made hundreds of thousands of them over the years.