Toronto!

A friend has a lot on his mind and has been a bit down, as have I. He just asked if I wanted to take a trip up to Toronto tomorrow to get out of Buffalo for a while and record shop.

I know about Rotate This / Hits and Misses but it's been a few years since I have been up there. What should we check out while we are up there? Record shopping is a must but we will need a good place for food, nothing fancy and no sort of restriction (vegan etc). Ideas for other fun stuff to do/places to shop/check out are also welcome!

Record wise we are both into Metal, Hardcore, Punk etc. Used vinyl stores are awesome if they have good variety. I know there has to be some spots I haven't been. Driving isn't an issue so if there is something right outside of the city please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Now time to hunt for my enhanced license.

Just remember, your dollar is worth less than ours now - factor that into the prices.

Seriously though,

Sonic Boom is a big one as well.

http://sonicboommusic.com/

Criminal Records is still open I think. That one is about 15 blocks from Rotate this and Hits and Misses on Queen.

http://www.crimedoesntpay.ca/index.php

The Silver Snail is a fantastic comic shop on Queen St. between the stores above.

If you're into musicals - and who isn't - Billy Elliot has two for one tickets right now and (as to please the above poster) stars one Craig the rocker from Degrassi.

While you're at Sonic Boom, make sure to check out comic book store The Beguiling which isn't far.

If you make it to Yonge/Dundas, the 1-2-3 combo of HMV, Sunrise and Play De Record can be pretty worth your while. A lot of good hidden deals at HMV every so often. Make sure you head to the back of Play De Record, you may find some good rock gems underneath all the hip-hop/electro.

As for food, I have to recommend you stop by Smoke's Poutinerie or Poutini's, both on Queen West.

Enjoy your visit!

Well I didn't go the other day because I couldn't find my enhanced license. I got it for the Coheed and Torche tour that never happened due to gear being stolen so I never used the license. Now when I need it, it's no where to be found.

Both us dudes are off tomorrow(Friday) so I am currently ripping my house apart in hopes of finding it. (also throwing a lot of shit out, which is good)

If I don't find it I will order a new one and go up as soon as it arrives in 2 weeks, problem is once I order a new one they void my old one. If I were to order one today and find it in 3 hours it would be no good so I am waiting until all hope is lost.

Thanks for all the advice, hopefully I will be able to get up there tomorrow!

We went to Rotate This, Hits and Misses and Sonic Boom.

Didn't get anything from H&M which was disappointing but as it's right next door to Rotate This, it's a must stop. Found a few things at Rotate but we spent at least an hour going through used vinyl.

Sonic Boom is moving so I don't know where they will be when you go but it's a good store. Only bought one new LP that I easily could have gotten in the US, for cheaper but I was feeling impatient.