Self Defense Family new 7"

[image]

- End of A Year Self Defense Family - I'm going through some shit b/w all fruit is ripe 7" (test press! / 50)

went to the free records release show in Brooklyn a couple of weeks ago. Snagged the new 7"; "I'm going through some shit" b/w "All fruit is ripe" there, since the plant hadnt finished them yet all they had was test presses, lucky for me!

they also had some variants that i previously didnt have either. besides the vocals being too low that show was awesome. I just can't get enough of these guys.

I've only gotten to see them live twice and have to say Patrick is one the most entertaining frontman i've ever seen.

heres a pic of the other variants i picked up to in case anyone cares about this band.

I would suggest following their twitter, one of my favorites.

[image]

- End of a Year / Segwei - split 7" (clear gray with black/330)

- End of a Year - More songs about transportation and intercourse (green/100)

(P.S. Aplogies for the low quality phone cam pics)

No. Cumhard is their label. Did they have that record out there?

More than likely this will be a one off, "Hey, I get to put out a record from my favorite band", "I really like this other band and they put on a good live show" type thing. Two colors, waiting on artwork to send to print / press.

No preorder nonsense, will probably be one of the cheapest seven inches you can buy.

Details will be posted eventually.

No. Cumhard is their label. Did they have that record out there?

More than likely this will be a one off, "Hey, I get to put out a record from my favorite band", "I really like this other band and they put on a good live show" type thing. Two colors, waiting on artwork to send to print / press.

No preorder nonsense, will probably be one of the cheapest seven inches you can buy.

Details will be posted eventually.

gotcha, thought u meant as a band doing a split with them, lol.

didnt see any sumhard stuff there no. but according to Andrew they've got about another three releases possibly this year (guess yours is one of them)

btw, i love cheap vinyl. you can count on me to buy both colors for sure. again, congrats on this, will keep an eye out for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Did I read correctly where you said the test press is numbered out of 50?!

Welcome to Record Collecting 201. Please take your seat. In this class we will discuss how test presses can come in any size run. If a label is in a hurry to release a record they can opt as having the test presses basically serve as the first press. Another reason would be the press does not warrant more than 100 copies to be made. In that case a full run of just test presses may be required. There are many other reasons why labels choose to do so, but ultimately it is up to them. This does not happen all the time, but it does happen enough to where you shouldn't be shocked.

Did I read correctly where you said the test press is numbered out of 50?!

Welcome to Record Collecting 201. Please take your seat. In this class we will discuss how test presses can come in any size run. If a label is in a hurry to release a record they can opt as having the test presses basically serve as the first press. Another reason would be the press does not warrant more than 100 copies to be made. In that case a full run of just test presses may be required. There are many other reasons why labels choose to do so, but ultimately it is up to them. This does not happen all the time, but it does happen enough to where you shouldn't be shocked.

Technically, there are 65 test presses, but you are correct.

We wanted to make sure that we had some records for their 2 shows, so we went with test presses. Luckily, they sound good.

The regular edition of the record will be ready late August.