Portugal . The Man Wizard Question

Has anyone heard of this or can anyone back this up? I saw this message from a seller and I'm not sure I believe it yet. I thought I would bring it up here.

This is a super rare pressing of the It's Complicated Being a Wizard single by Portugal. The Man. There was a limited run of 600 on clear earlier this year. However, I got an email from the pressing company saying that only 40 made it on real, true clear, and the other 560 are on "coke bottle clear".

Got this email from the seller. Any thought? Oh and apparently Virgil does own an email haha.

Date: February 24, 2011 10:21:33 AM PST

To: Anthony Russo

Subject: Re: CHANGE OF ADDRESS FOR PORTUGAL THE MAN PRE-ORDER

no offense was taken; I too have been waiting for this record to come out; not sure if you heard, but due to problems at the plant only 40 were pressed on clear vinyl, the rest on coke bottle clear so you will have one of the rarest portugal records! thanks.

that still looks coke bottle more than clear. especially since it's sitting on a white table. and did that seller forward you that email from Virgil or did he just copy and paste it. if it's the later he could easily make it all up by simply changing out the addresses. but i suppose you could always email Virgil yourself and find out for yourself.

the biggest thing about this is that if there really was a plant error and a small amount like 40 came out wrong, i would expect Virgil to hold to them for himself and sell them on ebay or limitedpressing. especially since he still has copies left over of the /600 coke bottle that he sells on limited pressing. plus i doubt he wouldnt go around emailing people who pre-ordered or replying to their emails saying "hey a rarer variant came out by accident do you want it instead of the coke bottle you originally ordered."

My thoughts exactly. I asked him to send me a picture against a white backround because the pic on ebay is on carpet. I thought it looked coke bottle as well. I believe he got the email from Virgil but that he is in no way going to get anything over $15 for it on ebay. Virgil probabkly just told him that it was rare to make the guy feel like he was getting a good deal because there was some issues with the shipping being delayed.