WTB - The Shaggs Philosophy of the World

johnnyu11

Where? The lowest on Discogs is $75.

If you keep it in your want list (as I do), cheaper copies show up. You get notified nearly immediately, and they always sell fast. You can find it (or anything) way cheaper if you're willing to actually be patient. Or get outside the interwebs.

And if you look on Discogs, the cheapest it sold for was $16.andsomechange + shipping, and that was only a year ago. The $35 copy sold in April.

Where? The lowest on Discogs is $75.

If you keep it in your want list (as I do), cheaper copies show up. You get notified nearly immediately, and they always sell fast. You can find it (or anything) way cheaper if you're willing to actually be patient. Or get outside the interwebs.

And if you look on Discogs, the cheapest it sold for was $16.andsomechange + shipping, and that was only a year ago. The $35 copy sold in April.

I'm aware of the want list system - I've gotten quite a bit that way. Also understand patience as I'm in and out of the four record stores within a mile of my house several times a week (the lion's share of what I purchase comes from brick and mortar with the internet acting as either a last resort or for when I see something that's too great to pass up). I may be newer on these boards, but I'm no newjack. ;)

I'm aware of the want list system - I've gotten quite a bit that way. Also understand patience as I'm in and out of the four record stores within a mile of my house several times a week (the lion's share of what I purchase comes from brick and mortar with the internet acting as either a last resort or for when I see something that's too great to pass up). I may be newer on these boards, but I'm no newjack. ;)

Understandable! I'm guessing you hit up the Reckless circuit, aye? You should stop by here if you're ever in my neck of the woods - www.rediscoverrecords.com - We're barely a year old. Started as a few bins in a pay-your-space kinda store and expanded a ton since. Not much left in the suburbs around me. You go to Hillside??

There's a Reckless down the street from me, but I also hit up Permanent (obviously) and Dusty Groove and occasionally, Favorite (even though their selection is crap and they overprice on stuff that is super common). I honestly don't make it out to the suburbs ever but if I get over to Hillside, I'll check it out for sure.

• 1 year later...