Verizon users.

albert

I am looking to get a new phone soon, and I was wondering for any of you that use verizon: Do you know a way to get free activation when you start a new contract? I am not talking about one of their promos. I often hear about people going in to get a new phone and just convincing (or haggling) the rep into waving the $35 activation fee. Is it really that simple because I dont ever have luck with the stone cold reps where I live. I also read online that it is possible to activate your phone yourself at home online. Anyone know if this is true?

EDIT: I am renewing my contract.

Thanks.

Yeah i am renewing my contract, but some of my friends say that they had to pay a fee and some dont. It seems so wishy washy to me. I hate verizon but i love their coverage. Anyways maybe I should call their hq or go into their store to just ask them about it. But they have the worst customer service in their stores of any store ive ever been in. And ironically their hq over the phone is great (at times).

Ok, yeah I've never had an activation fee and its never been an like an issue where they say we're going to wave the activation fee its just never there. I say if you know what phone you want just go ahead and order it online you usually get it in like 2-3 days via ups or fedex. Setting it up is written all out for you on some documents so you shouldn't have an issue activating it.

i work for verizon...theres definitely no activation fee ever for a renewal of a contract

and get the nexus...it comes out thursday

Maybe those people lied to me? Or were just confued i guess.

I Love the nexus! Except for one huge thing: 5mp camera? Really? in 2011? I bought my droid1 two years ago wit a 5mp camera. I just feel like with the advent of cell phones featuring cameras and hd video today (and factoring in people dropping point and shoots for their phone instead) that it was a bad move to make it 5 as opposed to at least 8? I mean all of the phones coming out have 8: razr,rezound. etc. That really bothers me when I am about to drop 200-250 on a new phone (that will be surpassed by something new in a a few months or a year). I just want to be satisfied with all aspects of my phone for the 2 year contract. My droid1 has done that minus all the hardware glitches and the phone breaking (lucky i had insurance because ive had 7 break for random reasons that were not my fault.)

Just so you know (or anyone has any advice on a new phone that is available or upcoming) the main things I want in a new phone are:

1)8mp camera (at least)

2)1080p video (with a strong microphone that can pick up sound in a loud enviorment like at a show and record it well)

3)1 gig of ram (at least)

4)1.5 dual core processor

5)4.5" display ( or a lil above wouldnt be bad either)

6)4g (current phone is a 3g)

Bonus:

-Thin and light would nice as my droid one is thick and bulky.

-Prefered removable battery. (My sister got the razr but I dont like that you cant remove the battery. I often take mine out when the phone freezes/crashes etc. I have heard people say their is a button on the razr etc. I still would rather have the option to remove it.

Any advice?