VC Toledo: tell me about your city

kurtz

Toledo has several decent shops and Bowling Green has one on main street. Other than that both cities are polluted with college youth.

BG - sluts galore and hippies/hill billies

Toledo - urban wasteland with knife fights on campus

Best advice is have a 9mm or something for you house/apartment and a nice jacket, it's windy as fuck here.

We can claim the 419 as our stomping ground \m/

Tell me more about these decent shops. Where are they? What is the selection like?

Toledo is more so pop punk/hxc/ all that jazz

Bowling Green has a shop that is a little bit of everything 80's crust, lots of indy, rap, and various other gems.

The shops are only like 20mins apart anyway.

Culture Clash is pretty good. It has a good mixture of new and used but it's overpriced.

About a mile or so away is Ramalama and that's a decent store as well just not a large used selection.

The allied record exhange that's on Dorr(?) by airport highway is the best of the record exchanges and has a sizable punk selection - compared to what else is in town.

Culture Clash is pretty good. It has a good mixture of new and used but it's overpriced.

About a mile or so away is Ramalama and that's a decent store as well just not a large used selection.

The allied record exhange that's on Dorr(?) by airport highway is the best of the record exchanges and has a sizable punk selection - compared to what else is in town.

^^ this

Toledo has several decent shops and Bowling Green has one on main street. Other than that both cities are polluted with college youth.

BG - sluts galore and hippies/hill billies

Toledo - urban wasteland with knife fights on campus

Best advice is have a 9mm or something for you house/apartment and a nice jacket, it's windy as fuck here.

We can claim the 419 as our stomping ground \m/

That's totally accurate, minus the 9mm part. Haha. Never felt that in fear, though never lived in the roughest parts. I had classes canceled at the Scott Park Campus of UT multiple times because of people getting stabbed.

As for restaurants check out Burger Bar 419, its on Heatherdowns I believe.

I love this city and loathe it at the same time

BG has some speciality shops for veggies if you are one. Also has South Side 6 which is Greek/Lebanese food. Stock up on the hummus/tabuli and 4 bags of the garlic pita chips.

Main street is basically 20 bars and a Qdoba.

As for Toledo they have some cool stuff there like Frankie's venue and I think micro-brewery somewhere. Can't say I spend much time there, it's more so a hub to get to detroit via car or plane.

Sorry if I come off as "Toledo Sucks" just not so familiar with the area. They have an awesome mall though...stay away from the little booths of people trying to give you pedicures.

Adams St. in downtown Toledo has some bars that are pretty cool, least they're my crowd. The Attic and Ottawa Tavern are young. For an older crowd there's Wesley's.

Great Black Swamp is the micro-brewery, its relatively new. No tours or anything, they have a site that lists what bars have them on tap. I know "The Bar" and Bier Stube on Monroe St have them.

Adams St. in downtown Toledo has some bars that are pretty cool, least they're my crowd. The Attic and Ottawa Tavern are young. For an older crowd there's Wesley's.

Great Black Swamp is the micro-brewery, its relatively new. No tours or anything, they have a site that lists what bars have them on tap. I know "The Bar" and Bier Stube on Monroe St have them.

I will have to check that out I move back next Sunday \m/ I was suppose to Micro brew some beers for Clazel in BG but that fell through :(

has anyone been to that virtually abandoned mall in toledo that has like 10 stores open and one pretzel stand shits ghetto as fuck

I don't even know what you are talking about. But judging from your description, it seems like a place that a white suburbanite would not often wander to?

• 1 month later...

I've been here in Toledo for just over 3 weeks now...

Culture Clash was a cool store. Most records were like $5 more than I wanted to pay for them though.

Ramalama had a really impressive selection of new records. Their used section was not even worth going thru.

Both stores had nice owners who were easy to chat with.

The Allied Record Exchange that justinfastbreak mentioned was the store that I spent the most money at. Found lots of good used records there at fair prices! The Allied Record Exchange that was near Culture Clash and Ramalama sucked. Found nothing there.

Burger Bar 419 was awesome! The onion petals there are so delicious!

PerrysBurgers (in Perrysburg) also makes some really good burgers. And their sweet potato fries are the tits! I've eaten there several times since it's near my hotel.

The art museum in Toledo was surprisingly impressive. My expectations were low, but it was a really nice museum. I didn't expect to be seeing paintings by Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Monet, Degas, Picasso, etc... in Toledo, of all places.

Is there anything else I need to see while I'm here?