UK -> US shipping question

i'm putting in an order with Juno and was curious if anyone here has had experience with getting records shipped from the UK. basically, FedEx costs about $8 more than Royal Mail. i have no problem kicking in the extra bucks if it will mean that i am less likely to receive damaged merch, but otherwise it's not really worth it for me since i don't mind waiting longer to get them.

any tips? thanks in advance...

i honestly hate ordering from the uk... in most cases i get the records shipped in very very light and thin cardboard-mailers which work just as well as putting a record inside a bubble wrap bag. last time i ordered something from juno it came in one of those too, i think. id ask them to put extra cardboard in it and, as Andy already said, ask them to put Fragile stickers on them.

i honestly hate ordering from the uk... in most cases i get the records shipped in very very light and thin cardboard-mailers which work just as well as putting a record inside a bubble wrap bag. last time i ordered something from juno it came in one of those too, i think. id ask them to put extra cardboard in it and, as Andy already said, ask them to put Fragile stickers on them.

Sadly, vinyl's still making a VEEEEEEEEEEERY slow comeback in the UK, so not that many people or companies give a crap about it, hence the shitty mailers.

There's so few shops here that sell records & most of them don't store correctly! It's a real shame. Really don't understand why it's so unpopular here, you can have amazing colour combinations, the larger artwork looks awesome, and it sounds so much better than shit from i-Tunes.

Whenever I order from US or Canada, they're always amazingly packed. You can definitely tell people who give a crap, and those who don't.

While we are on the topic do any of you have experience ordering vinyl from amazon UK and shipping it to America? Thanks.

got a few records from the uk to germany... the packaging was great. they used amazon's frustration free lp mailers (or however theyre called).

I got Foo Fighters "Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace" from amazon when it 1st came out, came banged up to shit in a real crappy mailer, so never ordered vinyl from them since. Glad to hear they've upped their game.

got a few records from the uk to germany... the packaging was great. they used amazon's frustration free lp mailers (or however theyre called).

I got Foo Fighters "Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace" from amazon when it 1st came out, came banged up to shit in a real crappy mailer, so never ordered vinyl from them since. Glad to hear they've upped their game.

I guess What I really want to know is do you guys think it is safe to order from amazon uk to import vinyl that would otherwise cost a good bit more. I dont have much experience with this and I dont want to receive a beat up record.

For example: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing....&condition=n ew

as opposed to:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B....&condition=new

I guess What I really want to know is do you guys think it is safe to order from amazon uk to import vinyl that would otherwise cost a good bit more. I dont have much experience with this and I dont want to receive a beat up record.

as long as you order from amazon directly and not from a marketplace seller you should be safe. unless they decide to user their old way of shipping records. but since the records i ordered last year all came in the new mailers, id say its worth a try!

Yeah I know they got a load of complaints about vinyl getting damaged, so doubt very much they'd ever use the old mailers again. I think you'll be safe mate. If not, amazon UK are pretty good with returns.

I ordered a boxset of books for my girlfriend's birthday last year, which got beat up (not what you expect paying like £80!). Rang them and explained it was for her 21st and that a replacement wouldn't get here in time......Hour later, they rang back, agreed to send me another out the same day, free next day delivery and padded to hell.