I need help with cleaning my vinyl

I'm still relatively new to collecting vinyl (so bear with me) but I still have a pretty sweet collection going. My record player has been broke for some time so I don't ever play them. This brings me to my first question:

1. Will not playing my records increase their life?

Next question:

2. If I don't play them, is cleaning them that important?

Moving on:

3. Can someone give me good advice and methods on how to clean vinyl? Also good equipment/utensils?

Lastly ( I think):

4. If I end up having to get a new player, can anyone suggest a nice beginners record player? (please keep in mind I'm a college kid short on funds)

Thanks a bunch guys. Oh, any other tips or tricks pertaining to anything vinyl you would like to share please be my guest!

1. technically, yes

2.no

3. Viva brand paper towels (the brand is important, or a lint free towel) + windex - people will scoff and lose their minds, but it's a diluted alcohol solution, which is all most record cleaning solution is.

4. If you're short on funds, buy one of the Ion turntables new...or if you buy one used, get a new needle, they're a good beginner turntable and relatively cheap.