Ltd. Ed. Ariel Pink/R. Stevie Moor Mirror Lathe 7"

timbrh's ulterior motives have finally made their way out.

Got a problem with this request? I did start this thread... IMO those two missing RA 7"s are the most important missing pieces to my collection.

I helped turn people onto this release in the first place, well before any of us knew of the value of these. In order to get something of value in return, youve gotta give something valuable up. The only other records I own that are worth more than I bought them for are the rest of my RA records which Im not willing to part with.

How much are these going for?

Hi. Thanks a lot for your interest in this! Just to address a few points:

First off, these won't hurt your needles at all, and they really won't degrade. They have surface noise and are far from Audiophile, but they sound decent considering they are MIRRORS. Totally listenable.

Second. I never said there wouldn't be a second press.

Third. I DID say that the second press would be the final press, However, because that press sold out immediately and people who had absolutely no intention of ever even listening to it are trying to gouge people who sincerely want it on eBay to the tune of hundreds of dollars, I've talked to the bands, and we have decided that due to the circumstances, it would be the best for their and my fans, to do a third run. And, just to cover my ass to keep these in the hands of people that actually want the record for what it is, not how rare it is, I won't even rule out a 4th, or 20th pressing. Every run will be distinct.

I understand those who are upset over the whole exclusivity aspect, and spent three hours in a Facebook flame war with a guy last night over the whole deal, just because I asked "whether it would be in bad taste to do a third run" and was looking for feedback. I hadn't committed to anything, just testing the waters. The feedback from my regular customers and followers was overwhelming in favor of making more. Only 2 people said I shouldn't and only one was a real dick about it.

I am not stupid or deluded and am not going to pretend that I never thought these would end up on eBay. I get it, it's capitalism, and in general I don't have a problem with it.

However, I DO have a problem that people who missed out on it when it sold out in a few hours (and I've had a ton of emails BEGGING me for one) are now going to have to spend $100-200 on eBay, and that the ebayer will end up making more money on the record than I did for the dozens of hours that I spent cutting it, silkscreening, packaging, etc less than a month after they got it.

I make a small amount of money (roughly equivalent to minimum wage) on these. I'm not making a mint, and it's 1/3rd of what I make at my day job.

For those who are upset over subsequent pressings (which are not uncommon for limited, but popular, records), I respect you, and I understand your position, and I don't take your feedback lightly. I have listened to your concerns and will take them into consideration in future releases. This whole situation is a unique case, and is the first time I've had to deal with it, and I am doing what I feel is the right thing to do. I have made my peace with it.

After talking to the people whose opinions I value: my customers, the bands, my friends, etc, I have come to the conclusion that the right thing to do is to make more. Don't worry, you will still be able to make plenty of money on eBay. For a release like this, that a lot of people want, there isn't much difference between 140 and 220 copies. It's weird, it's freaky, and there aren't many records like it, and a lot of people will want it.

Please don't turn this into a flame war. If you feel slighted by this and you strongly feel like you were deceived, I will happily return your entire purchase price if you would like to return the record. If you, like the troll on Facebook (who tried to buy THREE copies (for personal use, I'm sure)), feel like I am guilty of unethical business practices, feel free to vote with your wallet and not buy anything from me. ever.

My target market is people who like cool music and fun, unique, interesting, artsy packaging, not Ebay profiteers and people with the "I want to be the only one on the playground with this ball" mentality.

However, if you enjoy weird, boutique runs of bizarre records from amazing bands, please feel free to check us out at PIAPTK.com.

My releases are generally limited out of necessity, not choice. I do not have any money for marketing, and I work with bands who are well below hipster radar for the most part. And the amount of work that goes into them is beyond belief, and impossible to do on a large scale.

I rely on my customers to spread the word about what I do, since I LOSE money on most of my releases (only 3 of my total of 95 releases have been profitable, and most have lost major money), so if a customer doesn't want anyone else to own the record that he owns, or he has a re-sell agenda, that doesn't help me at all, and I'm fine losing that person as a customer. If you are one of these people, that is fine. It takes all types, and I think you are awesome. But, we might not be a good match in the capitalism courtship.

Hi. Thanks a lot for your interest in this! Just to address a few points:

First off, these won't hurt your needles at all, and they really won't degrade. They have surface noise and are far from Audiophile, but they sound decent considering they are MIRRORS. Totally listenable.

Second. I never said there wouldn't be a second press.

Third. I DID say that the second press would be the final press, However, because that press sold out immediately and people who had absolutely no intention of ever even listening to it are trying to gouge people who sincerely want it on eBay to the tune of hundreds of dollars, I've talked to the bands, and we have decided that due to the circumstances, it would be the best for their and my fans, to do a third run. And, just to cover my ass to keep these in the hands of people that actually want the record for what it is, not how rare it is, I won't even rule out a 4th, or 20th pressing. Every run will be distinct.

I understand those who are upset over the whole exclusivity aspect, and spent three hours in a Facebook flame war with a guy last night over the whole deal, just because I asked "whether it would be in bad taste to do a third run" and was looking for feedback. I hadn't committed to anything, just testing the waters. The feedback from my regular customers and followers was overwhelming in favor of making more. Only 2 people said I shouldn't and only one was a real dick about it.

I am not stupid or deluded and am not going to pretend that I never thought these would end up on eBay. I get it, it's capitalism, and in general I don't have a problem with it.

However, I DO have a problem that people who missed out on it when it sold out in a few hours (and I've had a ton of emails BEGGING me for one) are now going to have to spend $100-200 on eBay, and that the ebayer will end up making more money on the record than I did for the dozens of hours that I spent cutting it, silkscreening, packaging, etc less than a month after they got it.

I make a small amount of money (roughly equivalent to minimum wage) on these. I'm not making a mint, and it's 1/3rd of what I make at my day job.

For those who are upset over subsequent pressings (which are not uncommon for limited, but popular, records), I respect you, and I understand your position, and I don't take your feedback lightly. I have listened to your concerns and will take them into consideration in future releases. This whole situation is a unique case, and is the first time I've had to deal with it, and I am doing what I feel is the right thing to do. I have made my peace with it.

After talking to the people whose opinions I value: my customers, the bands, my friends, etc, I have come to the conclusion that the right thing to do is to make more. Don't worry, you will still be able to make plenty of money on eBay. For a release like this, that a lot of people want, there isn't much difference between 140 and 220 copies. It's weird, it's freaky, and there aren't many records like it, and a lot of people will want it.

Please don't turn this into a flame war. If you feel slighted by this and you strongly feel like you were deceived, I will happily return your entire purchase price if you would like to return the record. If you, like the troll on Facebook (who tried to buy THREE copies (for personal use, I'm sure)), feel like I am guilty of unethical business practices, feel free to vote with your wallet and not buy anything from me. ever.

My target market is people who like cool music and fun, unique, interesting, artsy packaging, not Ebay profiteers and people with the "I want to be the only one on the playground with this ball" mentality.

However, if you enjoy weird, boutique runs of bizarre records from amazing bands, please feel free to check us out at PIAPTK.com.

My releases are generally limited out of necessity, not choice. I do not have any money for marketing, and I work with bands who are well below hipster radar for the most part. And the amount of work that goes into them is beyond belief, and impossible to do on a large scale.

I rely on my customers to spread the word about what I do, since I LOSE money on most of my releases (only 3 of my total of 95 releases have been profitable, and most have lost major money), so if a customer doesn't want anyone else to own the record that he owns, or he has a re-sell agenda, that doesn't help me at all, and I'm fine losing that person as a customer. If you are one of these people, that is fine. It takes all types, and I think you are awesome. But, we might not be a good match in the capitalism courtship.

I like this guy.

• 2 weeks later...
And it is an unlimited pressing

Actually, it was listed as "limited only by my patience to make more". And I don't have the patience to make more. I've heard this song WAY too many times... my wife now hates it.

So there were 55 of the third run made, and now that everyone who was hounding me has had the chance to get one, and I've have them up for a little bit without them selling out, I feel ok about not making anymore. If they (literally) slept on it for 6 hours, (like most of Europe did on the second run) I felt bad, but at this point they've had several days to pick one up.

I never intended to keep making these forever, I just wasn't going to give a hard number lest people freak out and start flame wars calling me a liar again. If that caused people to only buy it because they ACTUALLY wanted to own it, and not as an "investment", then I was ok with that.

All I ever wanted was to make sure that the handful of people who were there at the beginning, but were a couple hours late, had the chance to buy one at a non-artifically inflated price.

So, there were total of 209, which means the third run only made it 25% less rare. There are still a handful left.

Ironically, the three people screaming the loudest and throwing the biggest fit about the third pressing all bought the second pressing.

If you want a first or second run, some dude in Canada is returning both of his, so just email me, and when they come back, I'll hook you up.