PO: Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works II

pressed off the cd. Warp has the masters and they were not involved with this at all.

Can you post a link to corroborate that?

It's definitely NOT a bootleg. It is a fully licensed version of the US CD. See here: http://www.midheaven.com/item/selected-ambient-works-ii-by-aphex-twin-3xlp

It was licensed to 1972 by Rhino. The same company, 1972, reissued Echo & The Bunnymen lp's last year.

All of the vinyl reissues sport proper publishing/licensing credits, and the company who put this out has their full address on it.

Also, it sounds incredible. Easily the best reissue in a while.

I really don't understand why people hate on a reissue when they don't have it and haven't heard it.

pressed off the cd. Warp has the masters and they were not involved with this at all.

Can you post a link to corroborate that?

It's definitely NOT a bootleg. It is a fully licensed version of the US CD. See here: http://www.midheaven.com/item/selected-ambient-works-ii-by-aphex-twin-3xlp

It was licensed to 1972 by Rhino. The same company, 1972, reissued Echo & The Bunnymen lp's last year.

All of the vinyl reissues sport proper publishing/licensing credits, and the company who put this out has their full address on it.

Also, it sounds incredible. Easily the best reissue in a while.

I really don't understand why people hate on a reissue when they don't have it and haven't heard it.

I understand it is not a bootleg, nor did I say it was. I was quoting someone saying that the pressing was legit because he saw it in his store, as if to say, his store does not carry bootlegs.. but I am probably misinterpreting.

As for the link, I posted it back in March -- it is in this thread, probably the 5th post in. Not sure if the facebook link still works b/c I can't access that while at work, but Sire basically went ahead and got the vinyl pressed with no involvement from Warp. Sire owns the US licensing rights so they (or the label that licensed from them) technically didn't need to go back to Warp.

PS -- the link you provided on Midheaven's site, clearly states at the bottom "Fully licensed vinyl edition of US CD."

That bit of information was not added until after everyone thought this was a bootleg.

Glad to hear it sounds good. I certainly didn't hate on it at any point -- just stated facts.

Yea, the old facebook link only confirmed that Warp didn't do it, but Warp never had anything to do with the original US release in the first place.

What I wanted you to post a link to was where you read that Warp had the masters. That never came up in the facebook link. https://www.facebook.com/warprecords/pos....=share_comment

Saying the vinyl is sourced from CD without proof is not stating fact. And thats why it seemed like you were hating on it.

Also, if you do enough googling, you'll find that on the original Brown Vinyl version, one of the center holes was off centre on one of the discs, and made playback of certain tracks unlistenable. Read here under "Notes":

http://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Selected-Ambient-Works-Volume-II/release/54978

Numerous people complained of that.

Other Brown Vinyl copies used the plates for a Kenny Larkin record on sides C/D. Read here under "Notes": http://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Kenny-Larkin-Selected-Ambient-Works-Volume-II/release/659066

So regardless of the missing UK bonus tracks, or the master source, I'd say these are a welcome upgrade. At least as far as I'm concerned.

Plus, the shit sounds rich.

i still don't see the point in buying this if it's just cut from the cd

when i listen to 16/44.1 digital files i prefer them without the added hassles of vinyl

What are you even talking about?

Nowhere on the internet has it been confirmed to be cut from CD.

Just idiot speculation. Feel free to post a link.

i still don't see the point in buying this if it's just cut from the cd

when i listen to 16/44.1 digital files i prefer them without the added hassles of vinyl

'Idiots' are also speculating that this is not cut from a cd. No links to back up either side. You mad?

'Idiots' are also speculating that this is not cut from a cd. No links to back up either side. You mad?

HAHA.

First, if you are inferring that I ever claimed that it was not cut from a CD, you are wrong. Feel free to post a link to that, but you won't be able to - it doesn't exist. I always try to play devil's advocate.

Second, feel free to post a link to ANYONE saying that it is not cut from a CD, because I haven't seen that anywhere either. I am merely craving some kind of confirmation either way.

Third, you couldn't make me mad if you tried. The only thing you have made me is aware of how idiotic, inaccurate, and unreliable people on the internet can be.

closest thing you have is on midheavens site.

You're right though, calling people idiots multiple times in one thread makes you seem really calm.

Aww, it's okay if you're not good at reading things. Let me reiterate for you. I never claimed that the vinyl was or was not cut from CD. The point of the midheaven link is to show that the vinyl is a reissue of the US CD release.

I guess making comments without proof or actual knowledge of what is being discussed makes you essential to the discussion, huh? And not a total idiot. Touche. You definitely got me on that one.

And actually smartypants, you called me an idiot too. Here: http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70656&start=15#1287363. How's that for calm?

Still no links from you about anything though. Thanks for participating.