WANTED: SUICIDE FILE

morgan

I have the s/t 7", but your list ain't working.

you can just give that to me. seeing as it's the only thing they ever did that was worth listening to, and i didn't go to the show in Chicago, because I'd rather keep the memories I associate with this band and not replace them with a bunch of rich fly-by-night "hardcore kids" singing songs about themselves.

you can just give that to me. seeing as it's the only thing they ever did that was worth listening to, and i didn't go to the show in Chicago, because I'd rather keep the memories I associate with this band and not replace them with a bunch of rich fly-by-night "hardcore kids" singing songs about themselves.

Twilight is way better than the 7". The LP is nearly flawless and one of the better hardcore records to come out in the 2000's.

Why should the record be given to you? Everything the Suicide File did was great...the last 7" i could understand people not being into. The show they played this past Saturday was awesome. The Suicide File raised a good amount of cash to donate to a co-worker of Dave Weinbergs (the singer of SF). Keep your memories but let other and younger kids enjoy a band they might have not seen play before, or a band they love to see them one more time for a good cause. Even if the money wasn't being donated a band still has the right to play a show for their friends and have fun.

giving it to me was a sarcastic joke. if i wanted it that bad i'd have acquired it somehow before now, when it's going to be a hot commodity. i don't doubt that it was awesome, but i also can't get past the fact that this band's hype is almost as bad as the american nightmare hype, and that the messages are questionable in comparison to the hype surrounding them in recent years. i don't have memories that relate to seeing this band, because i never did. but i have memories of a time when i thought that first record was one of the most angry things i'd ever heard and that almost all of it was exactly how i felt at the time and a lot of it reflects how i still feel. and well, quite frankly, i don't know how much i care about younger kids. no one felt positive towards me when i was first going to punk and hardcore shows, and i liked it that way. but that's an entirely different thing all together.

i still retain that the first 7" was the best thing they ever did, all of the other stuff never did much for me, musically. at least. lyrically it was great, but musically lackluster. recordings also never really got through to me as much as the first record did.

giving it to me was a sarcastic joke. if i wanted it that bad i'd have acquired it somehow before now, when it's going to be a hot commodity. i don't doubt that it was awesome, but i also can't get past the fact that this band's hype is almost as bad as the american nightmare hype, and that the messages are questionable in comparison to the hype surrounding them in recent years. i don't have memories that relate to seeing this band, because i never did. but i have memories of a time when i thought that first record was one of the most angry things i'd ever heard and that almost all of it was exactly how i felt at the time and a lot of it reflects how i still feel. and well, quite frankly, i don't know how much i care about younger kids. no one felt positive towards me when i was first going to punk and hardcore shows, and i liked it that way. but that's an entirely different thing all together.

i still retain that the first 7" was the best thing they ever did, all of the other stuff never did much for me, musically. at least. lyrically it was great, but musically lackluster. recordings also never really got through to me as much as the first record did.

I'm not saying the 7" isn't great, but you should really go back and listen to the LP. Maybe it was one of those things that you didn't like at first, but it is honestly one of thee catchiest records ever and it's over before you know it. As for American Nightmare....I love that band as well.....but more for lyrical reason than for musical ones.

i don't know. i actually said most of the initial post cause i've had a rotten day, if i didn't need to go to bed i'd probably give the lp another shot right now cause angry is just what i need right now.

american nightmare is a lot more special to me, i don't really care for the give up the ghost material. suicide file was a lot more fun musically, but lyrically american nightmare was more relevant, because i wanted to get away from problems a lot and drive my car into trees all the time blasting background music.

I can't even listen to background music anymore. I tried to about a year ago and took the LP off after a few songs, sold my remaining copies and called it day. I still love the first 2 AN 7"s but that's it. When background music came out I liked it, but for me it didn't stand the test of time.

The Suicide File and American Nightmare are definitely both "hype" bands. I won't deny that. However I'm glad that when the Suicide File starting to get the American Nightmare fans they broke up...that was good timing on their part.