THE DFA Thread (Previously Rapture Sail Away PO)

I didn't buy yet I swear

DFA released the Juno order info on their twitter account. I highly doubt they're offended if someone decided to buy it today instead. At least it will save them the pain of having to prepare yet ANOTHER shipment to my house this week! Haha.

and boy, did my boss Jon Galkin catch a beating for that! I told him he's only supposed to tweet tasteless jokes, not anything about records. no one cares about that stuff. ;)

DFA released the Juno order info on their twitter account. I highly doubt they're offended if someone decided to buy it today instead. At least it will save them the pain of having to prepare yet ANOTHER shipment to my house this week! Haha.

and boy, did my boss Jon Galkin catch a beating for that! I told him he's only supposed to tweet tasteless jokes, not anything about records. no one cares about that stuff. ;)

Well it appears that Mr. Galkin has no shortage of tasteless jokes :)

I'm going to put up the white label of the Losing My Edge repress at 2pm EST. I wouldn't worry, though - we have 125 copies, which should hold up for a bit.

http://shop.dfarecords.com/product/lcd-soundsystem-remastered-losing-my-edge-12-white-label

The link is gone now that it is sold out, but what was the info for this (I forget)?

Who remastered it?

Numbered out of either 100 or 124?

etc.

Anyone compare the new copy to the Original pressing? I am kinda curious how the sound is and I haven't received mine yet.

I'm not very good at critiquing the technical aspects of music because I don't really know much about them... but it definitely sounds better to my ears. That heavy bass/synth that kicks in around 2:20 isn't as overpowering. The vocals are clearer. Everything just sounds sharper. And "Beat Connection" no longer skips (the original would skip towards the end on my turntable).

Here's the first 3 minutes of "Losing My Edge." The original is on top:

[image]

Although, the more I listen to these side-by-side, I see pros and cons with each mix. The remaster is definitely better from a musical perspective, but I still like the original. The original is loud and raw. The vocals are in your face. I picture James just picking up a mic and riffing. That sort of fits the tone and message of the track, itself.

Anyone compare the new copy to the Original pressing? I am kinda curious how the sound is and I haven't received mine yet.

I'm not very good at critiquing the technical aspects of music because I don't really know much about them... but it definitely sounds better to my ears. That heavy bass/synth that kicks in around 2:20 isn't as overpowering. The vocals are clearer. Everything just sounds sharper. And "Beat Connection" no longer skips (the original would skip towards the end on my turntable).

Here's the first 3 minutes of "Losing My Edge." The original is on top:

[image]

Although, the more I listen to these side-by-side, I see pros and cons with each mix. The remaster is definitely better from a musical perspective, but I still like the original. The original is loud and raw. The vocals are in your face. I picture James just picking up a mic and riffing. That sort of fits the tone and message of the track, itself.

Interesting. What did you use to compare them?