Recess Screeching Weasel represses - any info?

burntwolf

anyone heard more about these lately?

will they be doing color on these?

will Virgil be getting any? pre-orders?

the only thing I've seen is "Fall" for Boogada...

I am on it. i will see what I can do about doing a special pre-order. Stay tuned!

i imagine they'll use the pink cover since these are presumably the vinyl versions of the remastered asian man releases.

the green lookout reissue cover was to signify 'cashing in.'

i never heard why they took off the sound samples from the roadkill release though. permissions probably, but i can't recall what they were exactly. i traded that version of the LP 10+ years ago and i haven't managed to get one back yet.

i imagine they'll use the pink cover since these are presumably the vinyl versions of the remastered asian man releases.

the green lookout reissue cover was to signify 'cashing in.'

i never heard why they took off the sound samples from the roadkill release though. permissions probably, but i can't recall what they were exactly. i traded that version of the LP 10+ years ago and i haven't managed to get one back yet.

I have two copies of the Roadkill, one sealed (with a cutout hole), one opened. The sound samples were: One from "All In The Family" where Archie calls Edith a dingbat and it goes right into the song "Dingbat." The other was just Ben and some other guys yelling about random stuff at the end of the A-Side, I think the track was just called "Boogada." The other releases, the UK and German presses have the remastered Lookout version without the samples too. The Roadkill press is the best, since for Lookout they redid a lot of the vocals and cleaned it up a lot...the Roadkill press was really raw.

the Yellow version is actually just a bootleg that SW never saw a dime from. Anyone know the pressing info on it?

It's not necessarily a bootleg, since the German label (Nate Starkman & Sons/EFA) was given the actual tapes to press it. Because the band didn't get paid, does not mean it's a boot, maybe an unauthorized copy, but I don't think it reaches the level of a bootleg. The UK press would be a bootleg too, if that were the case. There were 1,000 on vinyl/1,000 on CD of the German version.

Here's the Boogada info from the old SW discog page:

Boogada Boogada Boogada

1988 Roadkill - 2176 Pressed (United States)

1988 Wetspot -1,000 Pressed (England)

1988 EFA - 2,000 Pressed (Germany)

1992 Lookout #62 -Currently in print

26 Song LP/CD/CS

This fucking thing has been on way too many record labels. It was original released on a Chicago label called Roadkill which was run by myself, Jughead and a rich kid named Dave Best. 2,000 vinyl copies were initially pressed and sold, and according to Dave, the second pressing only consisted of 176 copies (he needed to fill up extra jackets laying around or something). It was licensed to a British label called Wetspots w/ a cover showing a skinhead paper boy flipping the bird to some old coot. This is a beautiful, full-color album cover but unfortunately only 1,000 LP's were pressed (and we never got paid). We agreed to let Roadkill re-press it, but somehow a guy Dave was working w/ sold the tapes to a huge German company called EFA and 2,000 more copies were pressed (half on vinyl, half on CD). For all I know, they're still pressing them. The record label is listed on the jacked at Nate Starkman and Son or something. Bottom line: it's an illegal, pirated recording and we never saw a dime. The only significant difference between it and the original pressing is that it is the re-mixed version (as was the Wetspots release) and the cover is a disgusting yellow and blue (in contrast to the original black on hot pink cover). I don't own a copy of this version and I hope you don't either. It is now on Lookout, the album cover is now changed to green, the CD and vinyl version have a different weasel head rendition (by the same artist), and the back cover features a photo of the band nude in a bowling alley, which was part of a limited issue (200 copies) "poster" that came w/ the first pressing on Roadkill. Latest word is that it's been pirated yet again, this time by Wetspots' distributor, Southern.

hm, i don't remember it going for too much. 25 bucks? it went to japan actually. or one of them did. i might have done 2 lots. it had some video boots. i also had a vhs copy of Disgusteen. i can't remember how i sold those. the lot wasn't much. just a lot of zines and random stuff.

back when you could get away w/ selling those on ebay.

oh, that reminds me. i had a couple issues of probe. one had ben and joey vindictive's girlfriends naked. the other had jessica from LTJ naked.

i did one of those lots of random LTJ stuff too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9805881@N07/sets/72157602160510501/