Amazon Question

i know that amazon has the price match thing for pre orders. where if the price drops before it ships, they charge you the lower price instead of the one you saw originally, but how does it work if the price goes up? do you still get to pay the original price you saw or do they charge you for the new price when it ships?

EX: the Watain DVD thats up for preorder, i ordered it for $40. which is cheap compared to other places selling it, say in the next 2 months before the release it jumps to $50. do i get charged the original $40 or will i get charged $50?

You should not have to worry about anything. Basically from the time you click pre-order to the time it ships, it will charge your credit it card when it ships. It will charge it the lowest amount the item ever was during that same window from clicking pre-order to shipping to your address. If they do charge you more they often send an email letting you know they refunded you X amount of money.

You should not have to worry about anything. Basically from the time you click pre-order to the time it ships, it will charge your credit it card when it ships. It will charge it the lowest amount the item ever was during that same window from clicking pre-order to shipping to your address. If they do charge you more they often send an email letting you know they refunded you X amount of money.

this, though technically the price-match lasts until ~midnight the night of release day (e.g., if you pre-order something that comes out on tuesday, it'll probably ship over the weekend or on monday, but you're covered if the price drops before 11:59 pm tuesday night)

as for when you get charged, you might be able to request that they charge you now--that's what you're wanting them to do, right? that way you don't accidentally spend too much around release date and overdraft on your account or something? seems like something amazon would be willing to do