discogs question

so i was eyeballing a few things on discogs and never bought from there.

anyhow i signed up and added a few items from my cart. in the cart it didn't show shipping amount so i proceeded to hit check out. i figure i would be safe since i havent paid yet.

well i guess it sent invoices to the sellers and they sent me a payment with the shipping included.

just wondering if it is in poor taste to not actually purchase or am i locked in some how?

its not alot of money but i was just scoping out the site.

anyhow i signed up and added a few items from my cart. in the cart it didn't show shipping amount so i proceeded to hit check out. i figure i would be safe since i havent paid yet.

well i guess it sent invoices to the sellers and they sent me a payment with the shipping included.

just wondering if it is in poor taste to not actually purchase or am i locked in some how?

That's an honest mistake. Contact the seller and tell him your mistake. Chances are he'll be cool with it but there's that small chance he can be a fuck nut and leave you a negative feedback.

That's an honest mistake. Contact the seller and tell him your mistake. Chances are he'll be cool with it but there's that small chance he can be a fuck nut and leave you a negative feedback.

yeah i am going to message them now. hopefully they understand.

Guest deathbydrums

So annoying. I had a seller do this... ask an insane amount of money for shipping then just not reply to any questions or requests for follow up. Think you're powerless for the most part. I left negative feedback after a month or a bunch of tries of contact and he only then replied to me with a nasty note and returned negative feedback. It really sucked. So yah, there is a point where you say that nasty phrase... and do it.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. Simple as that. You haven't paid, so the transaction is not complete. Also, I don't think discogs always sends emails to the sellers. I noticed I had some questions on the site & never received notification. I did receive notification when they actually purchased the items though.

I have some stuff up on there for sale but did not see a spot to put postage so I just put it in my "comments" section that all prices include shipping. I was a little confused when setting my asccount up so I can see how you were too.

my discogs > settings > seller settings > shipping methods (you can enter in your rates here)