Attn Toronto! Record Cleaning Services

Hello everyone!

I am considering starting a record cleaning service in Toronto, and I am looking to see if there is a market for this. I would be using a VPI 16.5 record cleaning machine with mobile fidelity cleaning solution - all quality stuff. I will be able to offer this service in two ways. Option 1, records may be delivered to me and picked up when ready. Option 2, since records are large and heavy, I can bring all equipment to your house.

As many people know, both new and old records benefit from proper cleaning. New records have dirt and grime from the pressing plants, and old records have dirt and dust collected over the years deep in the grooves. Cleaning a record will improve the audio quality, reduce the noise floor and reduce cracks and pops, improve the life your stylus, and improve the look and shine of the record.

Would anybody be interested in a service like this?

Guest realtalk

I have a few records with annoying skips because of debris on them that I've always wondered if they could be saved. If drop-off/pick-up was convenient enough (time and location) i'd definitely be interested. The particular records I'm thinking about aren't valuable enough to warrant round trip shipping costs through Canada Post. It'd be nice to know if you do get it up and running!

Sorry guys, I wish I could be everywhere and do this!

I have a few records with annoying skips because of debris on them that I've always wondered if they could be saved. If drop-off/pick-up was convenient enough (time and location) i'd definitely be interested. The particular records I'm thinking about aren't valuable enough to warrant round trip shipping costs through Canada Post. It'd be nice to know if you do get it up and running!

I will definitely have this up and running as long as there is a demand for it, hopefully within the next month. I am located in Markham. If you do not have very many records that you want cleaned, you would be able to come when I am home and I can do them while you wait so you don't have to come twice.

Guest realtalk

Actually, I always forget this but shipping a bunch of records within Canada is near the same price as one or two so this IS a very feasible option! Thanks and share the deets when you're ready!

• 8 months later...