Need some info to use for a class(record care related)

Alright so I'm finally taking this oral communication course 4 years into my college career and have to do an informative speech. I thought i would do it over some tips and information about how to handle, ship, etc records since i already know a lot about them. I already know the proper procedure to ship records but i guess what I'm looking for is any extra info i can throw in there to get 5 mins out of this.

Stories of terrible packaging/handling is encouraged.

Thanks for any help.

Begin with, "When someone is handling my package; i like them to show they know what they are doing. Same goes with packaging records. Here is the best way to package a record."

Honestly, I don't think you will need too much horror stories to fill up 5 minutes. If you simply state how to package a record step-by-step, and explain why those steps are necessary, 5 minutes should fly by.

Honestly, I don't think you will need too much horror stories to fill up 5 minutes. If you simply state how to package a record step-by-step, and explain why those steps are necessary, 5 minutes should fly by.

Agreed. Mentioning something quick about insurance with a package couldn't hurt. All packages I ship within North American are insured.

Last year I ordered myself a copy of sigh no more, and the package arrived with a large tire-mark across the front of the package. The record inside was completely destroyed. You could tell the package was originally packed quite carefully but Canadapost or USPS completely dropped the ball. The seller didn't insure the package and I was out of luck. I called both companies, filed a dispute for negligence and am still waiting for a callback....

I had records show up in a Domino's pizza box once. You could also talk about Amazon's hilariously oversized boxes. The point of correctly packing a record (or anything really) is to minimize it shifting around during transit. Using bubble wrap and cardboard flats keeps the record pressed flat (prevents warping) and secures it from shifting from side to side (prevents seam splits). Good luck!