*Wanted: OMG Meditations in B*

citizenkassidy

I won this on Ebay on Feb. 4th, and since it's the only copy i've seen going lately, you must've been bidding against me.

If it was the same copy, I can assure you, there was no sniping done on my part. According to the bid history, the last bid prior to mine came in 10 seconds before mine did, and I placed my final bid 17 seconds before the actual auction came to a close.

I can assure you, there was no sniping done on my part... I placed my final bid 17 seconds before the actual auction came to a close.

uhhhhh....

I was under the impression that "sniping" was using a program or some internet based utility to shoot in a bid in the final few seconds before the close of an auction.

There was a full 27 seconds between the last bid before my winning bid, and the close of the auction. Which, should have been plenty of time for another bid to be placed. I believe this is usually referred to as a "bidding war" not "sniping." The bid that I placed that won the auction for me was also not my first bid, I was legitimately bidding on this auction, just as anyone else had the opportunity to.

Ok then... I generally always wait for the last 30 minutes or so of an auction so as to not drive the price up as much as I would assume it would go up if I were to bid on it when there were 7 days left. I just sort of figured that waiting for the auction to be nearly over was common practice with ebay. Everyone that I know that actively uses ebay does the same.

But bidding 7 days out when an auction first starts takes away from the fun of bidding against someone in the last few minutes of the auction, as well as the agonizing refresh, refresh, refresh you do while you're watching the last few seconds tick down.

To me, half the thrill of collecting is in the hunt, and the rush you get when you're bidding against someone in a rapid-fire sense, not knowing who is going to get it until the auction has ended.