PO: Bonobo - The North Borders 7x10" Box or 2xLP

Guest realtalk

Guest realtalk

It's been almost three years since the release of Bonobo's masterful, mould-breaking Black Sands, an album that saw him touring a hypnotic live show across the world for well over a year.

Now, in 2013, he stands ready to take things up yet another notch. 

The North Borders is a long stride forward - both a natural evolution and a continuation of the electronic palette of Black Sands. Thematic, resonant, addictive and perfectly formed, it's a thrillingly coherent statement piece. 

The first track to be unveiled from the album is "Cirrus" - watch the Cyriak-directed video, download the track for free, and keep checking back for more news on The North Borders here.

http://ninjatune.net/release/bonobo/the-north-borders

Guest deathbydrums

Love early Bonobo but didn't like the last album too much. That said, THIS new track has been played like 10 times in a row already! NICE. Cool video too.

Want the box... Hope it's around for a bit.

Love early Bonobo but didn't like the last album too much. That said, THIS new track has been played like 10 times in a row already! NICE. Cool video too.

Want the box... Hope it's around for a bit.

Did you check out the Black Sands Remixed album?

I have the Ninja Tune VIP version of that and it's great, but haven't listened to the regular album much.

He and Amon Tobin are a couple of my fave artists on that label.

• 1 month later...
Guest deathbydrums

Shit... totally missed tickets for the Toronto show. Maybe a dumb question but do they usually have scalpers there or does anyone have an extra? I'll likely be going alone or with baby mamma if she can get a sitter.

I really am most interested in catching the opener, Shigeto, being a drummer and all.