PO: The Coathangers/Nu Sensae, Julianna Barwick, White Woods, Audacity

The Coathangers & Nü Sensae, "Derek's Song" 7" **PRE-ORDER**
300.jpg
$5.99

Limited to 750 copies! Atlanta’s reigning garage rock daughters The Coathangers return with the third installment in their series of split 7”s on Suicide Squeeze. This time they’ve teamed up with labelmates Nü Sensae. Both new listeners and longtime fans of The Coathangers will be whipped into a frenzy with “Derek’s Song”, a party-banger perfectly encapsulating the quartet’s capacity for sharp hooks and jagged instrumentation. Nü Sensae contribute “Throw” to their side of the split. Rounding out their sound with the recent addition of guitarist Brody McKnight, Nü Sensae’s newest song is a ferocious and harrowing leap forward. Brody unleashes foreboding guitar squalls while bassist/vocalist Andrea Lukic rages like Kim Gordon at her most incendiary moments and Daniel Pitout beats his drums to a bloody pulp. The Coathangers’ side will make you wanna get off your ass and dance while the Nü Sensae side will make you wanna go torch a car. Limited to 750 (250 on white vinyl, 500 on black) copies worldwide.

Includes a coupon for a free digital download of the single in MP3 format.

**PRE-ORDER** will ship on or around March 5, 2013

Julianna Barwick, "Pacing" 7" **PRE-ORDER**
300.jpg
$5.99

Limited to 750 copies! On March 5, Julianna Barwick returns with two new haunting compositions for a 7" single on Suicide Squeeze Records. "Pacing" features Barwick's voice and layered harmonies, "but it's a bit of a diversion from the vocal loop-based songs I tend to make" says Barwick. "I absolutely love the piano. I wish I could play it better. For the cover, I chose my friend Peter Coffin's photograph of a piece he did based on the Newton color scale that corresponds perfectly to the musical scale. I absolutely love the image and it corresponds well with the piano pieces on the single." The b-side, "Call," is a frail and passionate solo piano piece. Limited to 750 (250 opaque red, 500 black) copies worldwide.

Includes a coupon for a free digital download of the single in MP3 format.

**PRE-ORDER** will ship on or around February 25, 2013

• 4 weeks later...

More Suicide Squeeze preorders 

White Woods, "Big Talking" 7" **PRE-ORDER**

Limited to 500 (hand numbered by Julia) copies! White Woods is the alias for Julia Kugel, better known for her work as the guitarist and vocalist for Atlanta’s riotous garage rockers The Coathangers. Under her solo moniker, Kugel delivered a heartfelt blend of golden-oldies and subdued Americana with her debut single on Suicide Squeeze last year. Now Kugel is back with another two-song White Woods offering, exploring the same kind of sultry vintage sounds that made her first 7” sell out so quickly. The A-side, “Big Talking," takes The Coathangers’ attitude, unplugs it from the amps, and delivers its admonishment with a graceful AM radio vibe. On the flipside, “Corner Town” conjures the sex and strut of David Lynch’s pop-culture nods to ‘50s. The newest White Woods songs are available digitally worldwide or on a 7” limited to 500 copies (SOLD-OUT 100 in glow in the dark, 400 black).

Audacity, "Finders Keepers" 7"

First pressing limited to 500 copies! There’s a common-held notion that great rock music only comes out of big cities, as if the grime and struggle of life in urban spaces is the essential fuel for truly passionate rock n roll. But this was a belief when cities were emptying out and the suburbs were growing. Now we’re witnessing the repopulation of major metropolitan areas. Suburbs are becoming the new wasteland. Perhaps that’s the reason why the Orange County suburb of Fullerton was finally able to birth a band like Audacity. Nurtured by local garage rock havens like record store/label Burger Records, the young brash power pop of Audacity kick out jams that are both aptly sunny and gritty—a perfect blend of SoCal’s good weather and endless concrete. With two LPs under the young four-piece’s belt, they’ve set aside two songs for a 7” on Suicide Squeeze before they unleash another full-length later this year. For the uninitiated, “Finders Keepers” b/w “Onomatopoeia” is the perfect introduction to Audacity’s potent combination of pop melodies and roughly hewn energy. The first pressing of this 7” is limited to 500 copies on translucent green vinyl as well as being available digitally worldwide.