I Need New Speakers!

If you see some good ones just take note of the model and info and go look it up on google. at some point audiokarma.org has probably talked about them and you can always ask there about particular models too. 

AudioKarma is really good for finding out info on certain speakers, but some of the guys in that forum are super audiophiles and get extremely picky when talking about specs. All of my speakers I've gotten could be considered "thrift store" speakers, but I think I've done pretty pretty well.

KqZnjzG.jpg

The large speakers are some 70's Fishers and they sound pretty good. I just got them and am going to be replacing all the foam, etc. soon. I picked up the pair of those, along with a JBL Venue floor-standing speaker all for $25 at a garage sale because they were missing grills. The looked like crap in the sun, and then I tried moving them and noticed they were actual wood and heavy as hell. The book-shelf JBL I found at a thrift store that strictly sold storage unit items, $15. When I bought my receiver, tape deck, and CD changer the guy included that big 'ol Sony sub and 2 Pioneer floor-speakers from the last 6 years or so, all for $60. Keep an eye on Craigslist and your local thrift/discount stores and Google anything you think might be decent.