Brand New Devil and god colors wanted

Bender

crying-baby.jpg

Take this lightly. Coming from another variant collector, I don't feel you understand the game.

There's 10000 copies of this record out there . I'm sorry , but if you think that me owning 3 of the normal versions is stopping anyone from having this in their collection then you're clearly not doing it right. People who order 10 copies of this when it came out to flip years down the line are the ones making it difficult to find, not me . Anyone who is spending anywhere close to $300 on this has some serious issues . It's all about patience . I collect records because I think it's fun , not to make anyone else's life more difficult .

There's 10000 copies of this record out there . I'm sorry , but if you think that me owning 3 of the normal versions is stopping anyone from having this in their collection then you're clearly not doing it right. People who order 10 copies of this when it came out to flip years down the line are the ones making it difficult to find, not me . Anyone who is spending anywhere close to $300 on this has some serious issues . It's all about patience . I collect records because I think it's fun , not to make anyone else's life more difficult .

I agree. I found all of the variants, very cheap. Before they were being flipped for hundreds. I did pay in the 200 range for my test pressings though.

• 5 months later...

You could have explained the game, then, if you were more concerned about filling me in rather than insulting me.

If there's a super small number of an album pressed, say 1000. Way more than 1000 people would want that album. But this guy, has around 8-10 copies of this record. (Wikipedia shows 11 separate variants of "TDAG," he said he's still working on finishing it, and he also has two test presses.) This would make the number of this record, 990. But still, even more than 999 want this album. This guy has MULTIPLE copies this record, when he should only need one to listen to and enjoy (MAYBE TWO if he wanted to keep one and play one). Say 10 or 20 people start working on this collection for themselves. That's a considerably smaller amount of people who get to purchase and enjoy the album. For absolutely no good reason.

Not to mention, copies of this record go for $300 a pop. Really disappointing for a guy like me who just wants to buy a copy of the album, listen, and enjoy, and doesn't need a super limited edition to do so.

Did the math, Wikipedia's listing of the album's pressing information says there should be 9200 copies of the record in existence. (I remember reading about 20 test pressings being made so we'll say 9220.) I know that's way more than the 1000 I used in my example, but when they can go for $300 a pop, it's still nearly impossible to just get a copy. I know yours (I think you said you had a TCR white which was /3000) went for $115, which is still a large amount for a record for a college guy like me, but I would still try to pay that. 

It's just a shame that you guys think going WAY overboard and buying 10 copies of an already limited album is okay, even when a guy like me would give his right arm for just one.

tldr version: I'M A WITTLE BABY BITCH.