PO - The Speed of Sound In Seawater - "First Contact" (FFO: This Town Needs Guns, Cher, Awesomeness)

Oh my god! This totally made my day. I just saw some guy on their Facebook say pressing this on vinyl would be 'pretty stupid' so it's pretty awesome to see it happening. Now we just need some Hail the Sun, Stolas, A Lot Like Birds, Strawberry Girls, and of course, Dance Gavin Dance.

Oh my god! This totally made my day. I just saw some guy on their Facebook say pressing this on vinyl would be 'pretty stupid' so it's pretty awesome to see it happening. Now we just need some Hail the Sun, Stolas, A Lot Like Birds, Strawberry Girls, and of course, Dance Gavin Dance.

Right? Someday man.

New songs rule on this album. So excited. 

So stoked for this album, new songs are great. This band really needs to press their EPs already. Not stoked about $9 shipping from NorCal to SoCal for just vinyl though.

I just went ahead and paid the extra $1.50 shipping to get the shirt. Not too bad. $40ppd for a record and shirt.

Yeah, I'd love to see Red/Blue Version pressed, or the Yellow Version set, and of course the wonder that is Underwater.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys. Not exactly related to this, but it is in a way. I just ran across a Kickstarter for the singer of this band and a band called Postmadonna. It's a fairly simple to asking for $1700 to tour. Unlike many Kickstatter and similar campaigns recently, I think the prices are really fair. For $5, you get the most recent albums by each band. For $10, you get that and a signed/personalize tour poster. For $15, you get both of those and a postcard/photo and a letter. Pretty cool, I think. There's higher ones, but they get less worth-it as it goes, mostly silly stuff. Anyways, it's a pretty realistic goal and they're not asking for $50 to get an album you can get for free on Bandcamp or something like many others lately.

Here's the link! Check out Postmadonna and In the Light. Those of you who dig The Speed of Sound in Seawater should dig both, and I know a lot of people around here like that whole post-rock/weird pop-punk thing, and should check out Postmadonna.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/337012745/does-it-please-the-tour-with-so-much-light-and-pos

Also, something related, TSOSIS posted on Facebook saying that the vinyl is coming, for anyone who ordered it, but the plant is taking their sweet time.

My friend is in Stolas and I constantly bug him about a vinyl pressing. He uses bleak words like 'maybe' and 'hopefully' :(

Bah. We need someone who knows Will Swan! Haha. Which friend? I know Sergio is in a new band with Will Swan playing guitar and Donovan Michael from Hail the Sun singing. Pretty stoked.

• 2 weeks later...