street smart cyclist 7"

so i ordered the street smart cyclist 7" on 12/10, and i still haven't gotten it.

attempt at contact #1- email sent to the band w/ no reply

attempt at contact #2- myspace message to the band. they replied back and said that all their gear/merch got stolen, and they'd send me the record soon (this was a month ago), but they'd email me the mp3s for now to make up for it (which never came).

now i feel bad for them that they got their shit jacked, but 4 months for a 7"? its not like it was a preorder or anything, jeez.

I would think he'd be more sympathetic to a band that got everything they had stolen rather than worry about a $5 7".

If he wants the music that bad google is at the bottom of the page.

so you dont mind sending me $5 for a record? i can come up with a story about how my car died or how my taxes are $800 out of pocket this year (both of which are true), does that mean that i can keep the money?

i see your point about beint sympathetic towards the band, which is why i'm asking for an outside opinion on what i should do, but i'm not personally in the habbit of giving away money.

its still the responsibility of the person selling the record to send it regardless. i've been through some shit before, but i always have had to send out records that i owe people.

I would think he'd be more sympathetic to a band that got everything they had stolen rather than worry about a $5 7".

If he wants the music that bad google is at the bottom of the page.

so you dont mind sending me $5 for a record? i can come up with a story about how my car died or how my taxes are $800 out of pocket this year (both of which are true), does that mean that i can keep the money?

i see your point about beint sympathetic towards the band, which is why i'm asking for an outside opinion on what i should do, but i'm not personally in the habbit of giving away money.

its still the responsibility of the person selling the record to send it regardless. i've been through some shit before, but i always have had to send out records that i owe people.

Taxes are quite a bit different than being robbed.

Point is, this isn't a normal situation. This is like asking a friend of yours for money he owes you after he just lost his job. If you'd do something like that, then by all means file a paypal claim for $5. I think it's petty and stupid.

By the way if you also managed to look at their myspace page it says the 7" is sold out and theyre waiting on a new shipment.

yeah, its been like that since feb. wouldn't a "hey we accidently sold out, well get it to you soon" messge be called for? that's what we've (kiss of death) had to do before.

money is money man, i'm just sayin that i don't have a stack of $5 bills to give out, so I'd at least like to kbnow what's going on with my order.