Another graphic design help thread

Hey there guys and gals,

I know a lot of you on here are quite gifted in the area of graphic design, where my talents on Photoshop are limited to cropping out ex-girlfriends from photographs.  .  Here is where I ask for your help.

I'm starting up a site which will focus on big things happening in small places; a clothing company Columbus, OH, a label out of Ashland, PA, a writer from Edmund, OK, a band from Knoxville, TN.  You get the idea.  

Sure, I could play around on Photoshop for hours, eventually coming up with something pseudo-presentable, yet I'm certain that someone here would be talented enough to create something aesthetically superior within a matter of milliseconds.  I'm trying hard not to spend a whole lot on the initial creation of the site, as I'm not sure that it may lead to anything larger than a literary outlet for a writing major sitting on his tattered couch yelling at his cat to shut the hell up while editing interviews.  If anyone is at all curious or interested, please hit me up.