Scored a tape deck, but...

A nice trip to Goodwill today earned me a tape deck for $4.38. So that's good... A major snag, though; it didn't come with the rest of the power cord needed to plug it into the wall. I also don't know what type of adapter it needs, or what to call the specific "end" that it has. My local RadioShack was of little assistance.

The deck is a: Fisher CR-W75H "Studio-Standard".

$T2eC16dHJFwFFZ742RIvBR0qhDjMu!~~60_57.J

The end looks like this: (Sorry for grainy picture, I don't think I've ever owned a worse camera.)

tumblr_mrceahRsiC1rabirgo1_400.jpg

Some help would be greatly appreciated, been trying to get a deck for some time now. Would suck if I can't make this one even turn on.

Can't really help you with what kind of power cable it uses, but the deck looks rad!  Congrats!

Completely agree on it's radness, but...

Could be that it was part of a stack unit; that plug may fit into whatever receiver came along with it.

This guy is right. After some digging, I learned it came as a set with a TT and a receiver. It's only supposed to get power from the receiver it plugs into (which makes sense), and that plug shape is probably unique to that model alone.

My only idea to make this function would be to splice the cord with a standard 2-prong power cord. (Although, probably not a great idea.) Outside of that, it's more or less useless. Good thing I spent almost nothing on it. Thanks, guys.

Don't splice the cable unless you know what you are doing (even then I would still prefer a schematic)...not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to help you avoid getting hurt or burning your place down. For the price you paid, I say either toss it or return it.

There are always more decks out there...try and find a Goodwill in a "nicer" area and you may have better luck with finding a decent deck. Also, always try and test it out in the store if you can (bring headphones and a crummy tape...or grab one from the store shelf if they have them).

Don't splice the cable unless you know what you are doing (even then I would still prefer a schematic)...not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to help you avoid getting hurt or burning your place down. For the price you paid, I say either toss it or return it.

Nah, don't sweat it. I've got a brother who's an electrician, I would ask him if he knows anything about splicing long before I went anywhere near it. But I'm thinking of pitching it anyway, since I would want to upgrade to a nicer deck in a year or so anyway, even if this one worked perfectly.

I'll just hold out for now. 4 bucks is no loss to me. :)