Boris - Smile Diwphalanx LP

alrighty folks, i want your honest ideas / thoughts / suggestions.

it seems that the only place to get the new Boris LP - Smile - is at the Euro gigs coming up. I am going to the London show - primarily to buy said LP for my friend and I.

obviously, there are loads of people that would be interested in a copy of this LP.

so, what would you guys think about a 'sealed auction' type situation if i were to buy an extra copy? now i'm not looking for millions or anything, just enough to cover the cost of the record, the cost to ship it from UK to USA (or to wherever the winner happens to be), the cost of me going to the gig and maybe a little extra for the trouble.

i'm suggesting a sealed auction so that no-one knows what other 'bids' people have made. i;ve also suggested this so there is a timeframe to place your bid - say, a week. not a first come first served thing coz people cant be on here all the time and i want to give as many interested party's an option to place their 'bid'.

now i could just as easily throw a copy on ebay to make a packet, but i want to offer one to fans first. and being that inoxia are not going to give non-Euro people a chance to buy it, i feel that this could be a successful way of doing it.

i have no idea how much the record will be, nor do i know whether there'll even be any left by the time the tour rolls around to london, so theres no guarantee i'll even have one but the costs would be, as it stands:

cost of record - ?

ticket to get in - £7.50 (tckts are £15, so we could split the cost)

cost for travelcard to get to gig - £2.50 (as above)

3 pints ;D - £5 (split this too)

post to US - £10 there or thereabouts

post to Europe - £5

post to UK - £2.50

trouble - ?

let me know what you think.

if you are proper interested in partaking in this, PM me your details and i will note all interested party's down.

i wont take offense if ya'll think i'm a fuckhead for suggesting this but ebay is probably the only way anyone else is gonna get a copy.

it costs $20 to ship one record to the US? that seems a bit high.

2LP, and this thing is supposed to weigh 600g. tag on an extra 150g - 200g in cardboard and packaging, you have 800g.

check www.royalmail.co.uk for 800g post to USA and you get £9.07. which is $20 there or thereabouts.

this is all guestimates until the thing is in our hot little hands.

have sent a number of 2LPs to US before. so SO expensive international shipping nowadays.