Future Virgins - Late Republic

Order From Recess!

From The Recess page:

New Future Virgins LP!! 1st 100 orders get limited green vinyl!

My feelings,after first hearing Late Republic, were pretty much on par with the feelings that I had when I first heard Bent Outta Shape’s Stray Dog Town masters. Not comparing sounds just feelings. Beautifully recorded,mastered, lacquered etc but that almost takes a back to seat to the song writing and delivery. They could’ve recorded this album in my mailbox,while eating a full course ham dinner, and it would’ve still been vital. I’m glad they didn’t do that cos the end result sounds sonically bad fucking ass!
Chattanooga has always felt like a Pedro sister city (along with Tucson etc). Small, humble and full of bands that are on the level. Supporting these bands goes without saying but you can actually do it by being selfish cos this is some of the best music coming outta the country right now.
“Darkness” is now my new fave FV song. That will change in the coming weeks. This record is that good!

Future-Virgins-web.jpg

I wanted to wait to get the record before jamming this bad boy but I couldn't contain myself any longer. Listened to the MP3. I am WAY more pumped to have this record in my hands. I can't wait to spin this fucker to death.

I wanted to wait to get the record before jamming this bad boy but I couldn't contain myself any longer. Listened to the MP3. I am WAY more pumped to have this record in my hands. I can't wait to spin this fucker to death.

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.  I've never been more excited to mow my lawn. 

BEWARE AS YOU MAY GET TOO INVOLVED IN ROCKING OUT AND MOW OVER YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER'S BEAUTIFULLY PLANTED ROSE GARDEN AND THEY GET ALL PISSED OFF ABOUT IT AT FIRST BUT THEN YOU EXPLAIN TO THEM THAT YOU WERE JAMMING THE NEW FUTURE VIRGINS AND THEN THEY COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND AND THEN THEY BUST OUT A BOOMBOX AND BLAST THE ALBUM AGAIN AND YOU BOTH START DANCING UP A STORM ON THE SHREDDED REMAINS OF A ROSE BED

Door County, and Washington Island in particular will forever be a special place for me.

I FUCKING LOVE WASHINGTON ISLAND. Me and the ladyfriend went up there earlier this year not really knowing what to expect and we totally fell in love with the place. Everyone is super nice and every place there is just AWESOME. Nelsen's Hall is one of the coolest bars I've ever been to.

Nelsons!  Hell yeah.  I spent two weeks there with my wife(then almost wife) in 2004-ish.  We ditched our car on the peninsula and hopped the ferry in the middle of the dark.  An old couple offered us refuge on the ferry and a ride in their minivan to where we were going(we were going to walk the mile and a half or so at 1 AM, in October, in northern WI). 

It was the most relaxing, peaceful period of my life, even though it was only two weeks. My wife's best friend from college tended bar at Nelson's, and we fell asleep on a couch together in the back, danceroom area that night listening to 'Purple Rain'.  Raked leaves to earn gas money back to MN two weeks later. 

An utterly perfect experience in my mind. 

...But, two weeks of only Cosmopolitan, John Denver's greatest hits, and the Twin Towers on VHS.  Every night. 

I got my copy of this and it turns out I actually hate this album and it totally sucks and I think I'm gonna return it.

PSYCH! OH SHIT, GOT YOU SO GOOD! YOU WERE ALL LIKE "OH DANG, RAD DOESN'T LIKE THIS!? I GUESS I SHOULDN'T GET IT." YOU ARE WRONG AS FUUUUUCK. THROW OUT YOUR CLOCKS THE TIME TO GET THIS FUCKIN' RECORD IS FUCKIN' NOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!