Metallica 45rpm half-speed 2xLP 180g...

says on 'tallica's webshite that Master and Justice will be out June. well WELL nice. i hope they do some kind of remastering on Justice so it actually has some low end....

Did the original tapes also have the reduced low end, or was that done after the originals?

(hoping after the originals)

No matter the case, I will be all over these as well!

Hetfield and Ulrich were pissed about Cliff Burton dying, so they took it out on Jason Newsted, or so to say, his bass track. Go back and listen to ANY version of ...Justice for all, and you'll notice that there is NO bass. They only bass on that album is from the drums, and when the guitars palm mute. It's pretty hard to listen to what you realize there is no bass on the record. Hopefully they remix the bass back into the record.

Did the original tapes also have the reduced low end, or was that done after the originals?

(hoping after the originals)

No matter the case, I will be all over these as well!

Hetfield and Ulrich were pissed about Cliff Burton dying, so they took it out on Jason Newsted, or so to say, his bass track. Go back and listen to ANY version of ...Justice for all, and you'll notice that there is NO bass. They only bass on that album is from the drums, and when the guitars palm mute. It's pretty hard to listen to what you realize there is no bass on the record. Hopefully they remix the bass back into the record.

I knew the story, I just didn't know if the bass existed on the master tape and was mixed out later or if it never existed to begin with. It would be nice to have it put the way it should have been for sure.

do they really need to be? those drums sound amazing to me.

they sound tinny, empty and pointless to me.

oh well, each to their own eh.

didnt know about the no bass thing about Justice. it makes sense now when listening to it. would be very nice if they could mix the bass track back in, but i very much doubt they'd do it - they'd probably keep the mix exactly the same to remain faithful to the original released material that sold gazillions of copies.