Despacio: James Murphy and 2ManyDJs Explain 50,000-Watt Vinyl-Only Soundsystem [YouTube Video]

This is the coolest vinyl playback setup I've ever seen.  James Murphy from LCD Soundsystem helped put it all together.

http://zumic.com/2013/10/30/mini-doc-explores-james-murphys-despacio-project/

McIntosh amps, custom speakers... unfortunately they don't talk about the turntable and needle cartridge hardware, but you'd think it's probably pretty good stuff they're using.  If I lived in England, I'd definitely try to check it out.

Well... I'm sure people that built this knew what they were doing, but what they are saying is pretty ridiculous. Off course no-one building anything close to a serious system believes that you just put a speaker in a right sized box and that's it. Even every first time DIY-er knows better. Plus, so many things written there are either far fetched or plainly wrong. But yeah, still (probably) better than an average club sound equipment.

Also, it looks like the tables used are the usual Technics 1210 with an Ortofon DJ cart (too dark to see the model), plus there's a Vestax table with what looks to be a RB202 or RB303 arm, but I cannot make out the cart. All in all, nothing fancy.