URGENT: NUCLEAR WARNING - Fukushima Unit 4 Petition

Guest deleted

Honestly, man... I'm not sure you REALLY understand what a hot-zone JP is for earthquakes...

M 4.7 Earthquake

36km E of Oarai, Japan
8 hours ago – U.S. Geological Survey

An earthquake with magnitude 4.7 occurred near Mito, Honshu, Japan at 20:25:29.90 UTC on Jan 27, 2014 

Saying you know it and then following up with "a 95% chance of an earthquake there in the next 3 years" kind of makes me think that you're getting your information mostly from opinions and not hard data. And I was just trying to find something that would say that it happens A LOT more often than you've suggested...

Also, you can be offended by my wording; I don't mind. I was just trying to let you know so you wouldn't have a haemmorhage about... reality? You'd be really disappointed if you'd gone on hoping for a three-year, earthquake-free, break for Japan, right? I don't know how I would have been being personal about it though... I don't even know you, mate. Plus, I wouldn't even imagine Japanese people to spend their time hoping for something like that, when they know what the local geology is like.

But you are right about my misreading the point of citing opinion polls and not facts. You seem so zealous about this as something we all need to be worried about that I just connected the two as information you were using to bolster your case. My bad. But that very well does negate a fair amount of what I said in turn, as you weren't citing that stuff as fact.

On the other hand, I think you mistook my anecdote about going to JP and eating seafood a bit too seriously. I simply wanted to imply that it wasn't so bad that everything was inherently unsafe. Naturally, you'd expect with a nuclear disaster, some increase in cancer rates, but it isn't so bad that suddenly all of JP is and soon the rest of us associated with Pacific life will come to our knees with the compounded radiation. From all I've heard about the situation everything from radiation measurements to cancer rates have all stayed below the lines drawn by Chernobyl and the world is still standing and churning well on after that.

As for all your questions, I can only say that just because I've insinuated that you, as a fourteen year-old (if your account accurately states your age), PROBABLY don't know all the nuance intricacies of nuclear sciences, it doesn't mean my challenge also comes with some chip on MY shoulder saying I am the knowledge keeper. I certainly don't have the answers, and I don't imagine that you do either, however much you seem to thing you do. But for someone who would also claim to not be an expert, you sure seem adamant about how unsafe all forms of nuclear energy are. I mean... correct me if I'm wrong, someone, but isn't the whole world powered by nuclear-solar energy... and isn't fusion-power the future of humanity? Kiddo, there are LOTS of things even experts don't know about nuclear energy. That's why people still study it. You literally cannot be so sure because you're simply not a good enough authority on the subject. Is that critical enough for you, or am I also guilty of jumping to too many excessive conclusions?

Just a question, but do you ever read anything that DOESN'T support your views? There's a lot of interesting stuff out there.