PO: Upcdownc - Black Sea (Field Records)

drds89

http://field-records.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=91_92&product_id=91

Probably only a handful of folks on the boards here, but I thought I'd post nonetheless.

Embers is my favorite release of theirs thus far, and it still gets some time in my digital rotation - actually bought the CD - as a new copy shipped was less than buying the mp3's a few years ago.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, this is the first vinyl treatment we're getting from them?

14 quid shipped (UK) to the US doesn't seem to bad for >50 minutes of music.  I didn't research too deeply how many pressed, and assume Black, etc. it just showed up on the twitter feed, so I had to check it out. I know they have been touring the UK, and assume it's mostly their new material they've been playing.

They start shipping Dec. 2! so it's not like waiting until February for some records I have PO'ed ahem.

I'm going to give it a few more listens as I don't think these will fly out in 4 minutes like purple Gates  ;)

donny, they've got a couple of lil things on vinyl, but i think this is the 1st full-length release. Shadows 10" and Stand Shadowless Like Silence 7".

upcdownc are great eh. have had copies of their earlier material in the past. might check this new stuff out. thanks for the link.

Haven't listened to upcdownc since Firewolf was released. Not sure why. I liked Firewolf, but i remember it being pretty different and crunchy. This new one sounds interesting a few songs in. I need to investigate the other releases I've missed.

The first is not bad, but Embers has some great stuff like track 1 and then from McDoomish to the end. Firewolf didn't hit me as well as Embers

donny, they've got a couple of lil things on vinyl, but i think this is the 1st full-length release. Shadows 10" and Stand Shadowless Like Silence 7".

upcdownc are great eh. have had copies of their earlier material in the past. might check this new stuff out. thanks for the link.

Jus, thanks! doing some looking aroun as you said, looks like all but one of those made it onto their first full length with some remixes too

I listened several times and plunked down the coin. They add clean vocals this release and some shouts but mostly instrumental - something for everyone. Reminds of A Healthy Fear GFE in places, not as mathy or technically difficult - but more edgy or 'crunchy' as deletedunknown describes.  It is all well done, but I don't see them rocketing into stardom with this.

Looking forward to this end of the year surprise. :)

One last bump for the UK - likely to remain a local band, big fish in a little pond