Looking to buy a Pro-Ject Debut III

Hello, I'm in the market for a new TT. I pretty much decided on the Pro-Ject Debut III. My budget is $300. Is there a TT worth the $300 more than the Debut III? Also, it is only $300 for a limited time and I may not have the $300 to spend for a month or so. If the deal ends before I get the money and it goes back to regular price ($400, out of my price range), is the Pro-Ject Essential a good consolation? What are the notable differences?

-Thanks

i just bought a new turntable as well. you can get a pro-ject carbon for around $320 from musician's friend, i think i'd spend the extra money and get that instead of the pro-ject essential.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/90723-deal-found-pro-ject-debut-carbon-2m-r-for-340-shipped/page-7

What about instead of the Debut III?

What about instead of the Debut III?

i'd still get the carbon, it's an updated version of the debut iii.

this article helped me a lot on deciding: http://www.analogplanet.com/content/pro-ject-produces-carbon-copy-debut-iii-thats

mine is still in the mail so i can't speak from direct experience, but there's a lot of great reviews on it and a lot of people on this forum seem to favor it as well.

As far as I know the $300 price tag is standard for the Debut III, as it is an older model, so you won't really miss out unless all the stock is gone. The Carbon however is well worth the extra $20-$40 (depending on how big of a discount you can get). So if $300 is the absolute maximum you're willing to spend for a table the Debut III is the best choice, but if you're willing to hold out on buying 2-3 records and can extend the budget to around $340, the Debut Carbon is hands down the best way to spend your hard earned cash.

As far as I know the $300 price tag is standard for the Debut III, as it is an older model, so you won't really miss out unless all the stock is gone. The Carbon however is well worth the extra $20-$40 (depending on how big of a discount you can get). So if $300 is the absolute maximum you're willing to spend for a table the Debut III is the best choice, but if you're willing to hold out on buying 2-3 records and can extend the budget to around $340, the Debut Carbon is hands down the best way to spend your hard earned cash.

Yeah I can save a little longer and spend an extra $40. The listed price of $400 is too much but if I can get a discount I can squeeze that.