The Flaming Lips

Yoshimi is pressed on Clear Pink and it's a German Pressing by Warner Brothers

It's the only one I've got/care about from them haha

yah its the only album i have and i fucking love it. i dont want to listen to anything else by them in case it will change my opinion of them as much as the new matches album has destroyed my opinion of them...

thanks for the info!

Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots pt. 1 - Picture Disc - 560 - Warner Brothers

The flaming lips - yoshimi battles the pink robots - black - warner brothers

Flaming Lips- Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Red vinyl

ok sorry for the double post but i found this on how's your edge.

so there is a picture disk press and its also on black? i assume the red vinyl is actually the pink you're talking about.

Pretty much all their albums were released on vinyl, and most of the early LPs have had a reissue treatment in the last few years. Since they signed to WB though, those LPs are hard to find. Hit to Death in the Future Head was only originally released in Germany, and it goes for big bucks on ebay. That's the only one I'm looking for. I heard a rumour that WB were doing a reissue programme too, but that was ages ago. The early LPs are absolutely nothing like Yoshimi, but Soft Bulletin and At War With The Mystics are similar (though not as good) and those two are still available on LP (I think). Early stuff is well noisy not the band you know.

Yoshimi is great. Soft Bulletin is epic and genius and a complete masterpiece. Zaireeka is my favorite.

Their early stuff is incredibly raw and shows off their talent as performers more than their musical talents. Also they used to have another guitar player in the group who added a lot of 80s noise guitar stuff.

The reissues of all the earlies are really cool and all color, ive seen them blue, pink, white, and yellow I think.

Soft Bulletin was released on vinyl like three years after it came out and its pretty tough to find for a reasonable price....see ebay, i think its up for 200 bucks bin

I have at war and the vinyl mix is beeeeautifully done, but imo the album isnt even close to as good as yoshimi or soft bulletin.... good looking discs and packaging too, orange and blue marbled transparent.

Pretty much all their albums were released on vinyl, and most of the early LPs have had a reissue treatment in the last few years. Since they signed to WB though, those LPs are hard to find. Hit to Death in the Future Head was only originally released in Germany, and it goes for big bucks on ebay. That's the only one I'm looking for. I heard a rumour that WB were doing a reissue programme too, but that was ages ago. The early LPs are absolutely nothing like Yoshimi, but Soft Bulletin and At War With The Mystics are similar (though not as good) and those two are still available on LP (I think). Early stuff is well noisy not the band you know.

Soft Bulletin is way OOP and was released for the first time on vinyl in 2002. It sold out in weeks. Typically gets around $180 on ebay. Soft Bulletin vinyl coincided with Yoshimis release on black. The Yoshimi original is a US press on black vinyl. Color was an import (reissue) and I think you can still get a copy for import prices on ebay, or online.

it is weird to me that people get into the yoshimi and soft bulletin. first time i heard the soft bulletin i was really let down. i love the early noisy stuff, but clouds taste metallic is my favorite record by them, and have been having a hell of a time finding it on vinyl for a reasonable amount.