Debating on getting a Phono Preamp

I've been considering getting a separate phono preamp that's capable of both MM and MC cartridges lately for when I upgrade my cartridge after another 300-500 hours or so. My setup currently consists of:

VPI HW-19 w/RB300 tonearm + Mitchell Technoweight + Silver wiring + Shelter 201 (MM) cartridge

Marantz 2245 stereo receiver

Bowers & Wilkins DM600 S3 bookshelf-style speakers

Morrow Audio SP3 speaker cables

Ideally, I plan on buying a Furutech GT40 since it's solid and multi-purpose but I was considering picking something up in the mean time to play around with. I've had extremely good luck maintaining solid synergy with my components and definitely want to keep that in mind. I don't really want to spend anything more than ~$150 on this since the GT40 will cost me around $300-400 depending on whether I go new or used.

I know there's a few threads about phono preamps but, as I said, I'm looking for something that will maintain good synergy with my specific setup. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I've got this guy... It can record your records onto your computer

http://www.hideflifestyle.com/pro-ject-audio-phono-box-usb-mm-mc-phono-preamp-with-line-usb-outputs-blk-5150.html

I'm sure you might be able to hunt and find it for cheaper. I've never bought from that link but I'm sure the needledoctor.com is in. And call them to see if there's some sort of discount floating around the internet. (It's the nicest way to ask for a discount they might not even have going on haha)

I'd hunt down a second hand Cambridge audio azure 640p.

It's good, in your price range and suits both MM and MC.

It will open up your table even further, and really give you an idea of how a better pre amp will make your whole system sing.

In fact, I'd almost say that once you buy the 640p, you may just be very content with it, and hold out on buying another for some time

I'd hunt down a second hand Cambridge audio azure 640p.

It's good, in your price range and suits both MM and MC.

It will open up your table even further, and really give you an idea of how a better pre amp will make your whole system sing.

In fact, I'd almost say that once you buy the 640p, you may just be very content with it, and hold out on buying another for some time

This, or a 651P. There are no better phono pres until you spend megabucks.

This, or a 651P. There are no better phono pres until you spend megabucks.

I did some research on this and I'd probably end up going for the 651p if I go this route.

I have one friend who's opinion I have high regard for and he's suggested the Musical Fidelity V-LPS II (or a used V-LPS) as he said it pairs very well with VPI turntables especially with my Rega tonearm. Something I'll have to consider as well.

Keep the suggestions coming. I'm happy to hear what you guys think and it's definitely helping me out.